『18』 The leader of the league

Still curious if I had seen correctly and in fact saw Shigaraki, I parkoured my way through the crowded mall. By now I was sure my classmates had spread the news of the encounter with the leader of the League of Villains. Why had he been here anyway? Why hadn't he filled me in on his plans? Didn't he trust me?

I tried to follow the figure in black as fast as possible as of not to lose sight of him, mumbling apologies whenever I accidentally bumped into a person. I hoped no one was going to come after me to look where I had run of to, now that they thought I could possibly be in danger when a known villain was roaming around the mall.

When I saw Shigaraki turn the corner to a more secluded place I figured my hurry was probably over. The figure in front of me stopped in his tracks, making me do the same as he stayed turned away from me. "I thought I was clear when I said don't follow me." His raspy voice spoke.

"You certainly weren't clear about anything to me." I spoke with a light scoff. He seemed to have recognized my voice and realized I wasn't one of the U.A. students. Well, not one of the real ones at least. The male turned around to look at me to make sure it was in fact me he heard.

"(L/N)? Why did you follow me? Are you actively trying to give them a chance to follow you and then figure out that you're one of us?" He spoke snarkily.

"Don't worry. I made sure to run off before everyone knew something was off, so I was out of sight before they could have a reason to follow me." I defended my actions. "What are you doing here anyway? Why didn't you tell me anything about this?" I was still wondering if he didn't trust me or something.

"This wasn't really planned. I ran into that Midoriya kid on coincidence. If anything, you could have told me that the class was going to the mall." The pale male shot back at me again.

"I sent a text earlier. Not my problem if you don't read it." I mumbled and turned away, being fed up with this argument. "Anyway, what happened? What did you talk with Izuku about?"

A wild grin rose onto Shigaraki's features as he chuckled. This kind of expression was usually typical for Toga, but seeing it on Shigaraki's face kinda gave me the creeps. "He helped me figure out why Stain was bugging me so much. Yeah, all the dots are connecting. The problem is All Might." He almost whispered in awe and then chuckled yet again. It seemed like the sanity was draining from him bit by bit, even though I had the impression that his only struggle was his occasional brattiness up until now and not insanity. Guess I didn't know him that well after all. I didn't even know he disliked Stain. For all I knew, they had even temporarily worked together, so I thought they had been allies of some sorts.

Other than that, why was All Might the main problem now? What did he do? Did this mean we were specifically targeting All Might now!?

"Stain that bastard said I needed a goal. Very well, then how about a world without All Might." the male next to me elaborated, talking more to himself than to me at this point. "Master should have killed All Might when he had the chance, but on the other hand, now I can have the joy of getting rid of him."

This isn't good! Will I ever be able to tell the league I'm related to All Might? Keeping such important information from them felt wrong, but what would they do if they knew!? Especially now that we were possibly going to target him. I can't tell them. Can I really keep going like this?

Also, "Master"? I presume he meant the actual head of the league. That guy had a chance of killing All Might? But there's only one person that ever- Don't tell me-

"All for One!?" I mumbled in disbelief, luckily being relatively quiet. Shigaraki also hadn't heard me as he was still busy talking to himself.

So I've been part of an organization run by All for One?! The guy who almost killed All Might?! The guy that killed Auntie Nana?! Oh god, why does nobody tell me important information like this?!

At this moment, I remembered all the countless times I had read my mom's journal that she had left behind for me. She wrote a lot about her brother's quirk, making the book something that couldn't be read by just anyone because of the secret information about One for All. When the both of them were younger, she always supported him and helped him with figuring out the best ways to use his quirk. Of course, due to that, my mom also knew Nana, my uncle's mentor, because they often worked together on training him.

The journal also functioned as a diary of some sorts, because my mom would write down the progress they had made or other recent events. Near the end of the book she put a page of the newspaper reporting about a big fight in which Auntie Nana- that's what my mom used to call her- lost her life and my uncle got injured pretty badly... The result of fighting All for One.

But now here I was, basically working for the man who I had read about so many times in that article. The man I had hated somewhen growing up. A man I had never met in person though. I guess ordinary members don't get to meet him...

Should I give him the benefit of the doubt? After all, his organization- the league- had been a better family to me than my biological family. My father was a general asshole to me, neglecting my needs, making me his servant, yelling at me, hitting me if I didn't do what he said. Other than that, there was also my uncle. He never visited, never looked how I was doing, never called, never even sent a letter. Nothing. So why should I be taking his side?

Technically, I shouldn't even know about All for One, so can't I just ignore that I know. Can't everything just stay the way it was? I've been hiding my connection to All Might ever since I had joined anyway, so why stop. My family didn't care about me in the past, so I don't care about them now! They don't matter now. There's no connection. I'll do what I want to do and that's being a member of the League of Villains.

I'm a villain!

"(Y/N)?" a familiar voice brought me back into reality. For how long had I been lost in thoughts?

To my shock the voice didn't belong to Shigaraki, I heard that immediately. I snapped my head to the person, who turned out to be Kirishima. I panicked. He couldn't see me with Shigaraki! "Ah! Kiri!" I called in surprise.

Panicked, I looked in the direction of Shigaraki, only to let a relieved sigh leave my lips. He wasn't here anymore. Probably left when he saw Kiri approaching, or he might as well had left ages ago while I was zoning out.

"What are you doing here? We've been looking for you all over." my classmate informed me.

"Oh! Was it time to meet up already?" I asked nervously. "I was looking for the restrooms and got lost." I lied, rubbing the back of my neck and shooting the redhead a sheepish smile. "I don't know this mall too well."

He sighed and chuckled lightly. "How did you get so lost?" he rhetorically asked before his expression turned serious. "Actually, it wasn't the meet-up time why we were looking for you. Something bad happened."

"What?" I asked, acting surprised and slightly shocked.

"Midoriya ran into the leader of the League of Villains."