~ t w e n t y n i n e ~

Start from the beginning

Mukti and Navya looked at Abhi and their eyes were moist. They were feeling helpless. They know that whatever Cabir and Abhi said was true. But their hearts still weren't ready to see their friend broken. They don't have anything against Nandini, they just wish to see their friend happy. But what they weren't understanding was that Manik's happiness relies on his The one, and his The one iis Nandini.

"So, are you not gonna tell everything to Manik?" Mukti asked after composing herself. They can't change anything. All they can do is stand with their friend at every step. And they will, like ha had been standing there.

"No."

"But Cabir, what about Manik then? He will always be anguished." Mukti nodded at Navya and looked back at the boys.

"I guess, they're right Cabir. We should tell Manik everything. Otherwise he will keep thinking that there is someone in Nandini's life already."

"Relax guys. We won't tell Manik everything, because to be honest, it's Nandini's story to tell, and I know one day she will tell him everything. But yes, we can always tell Manik that there is no one in Nandini's life."

"Really Cabir? Then won't Manik ask about Anahita? Or how do we know about this?"

"Yes Mukti. But the thing is, it's not us who is going to tell him. Nandini will tell him."

"Cabir can you be more specific." Navya glared hum while he just smiled.

"Just wait and watch." He grinned and the three groaned.

.
.

Nandini was walking through the corridor, it was her free lecture so she thought to spend time in the library, studying for all the lectures she missed last week. She was feeling relieved that her daughter was now doing very well. She has recovered very fast although still on rest, but very enthusiastic all the time. Especially at evening.

And why not?

Her Loktal would call her everyday at 5:30 pm on Ishita's mobile and would talk with her about anything and everything. Nandini was left amazed seeing his Anahita's bonding with Manik. The way Anahita would tell every small thing to Manik and how patiently Manik listen her each word, as if it is the question that are going to be asked in examination.

(Loktal- Rockstar)

They would talk for about half an hour. And they would talk about all stupid things. Anahita would ask him stupid questions and he would give same stupid answers which make Anahita smile, laugh and giggle. And her smile would bring a smile on Nandini's face.

She hasn't seen her daughter so happy and excited for anything in years. Anahita was always a simple child. She didn't demanded toys or new clothes. She was happy with those drawing colours, music especially her Loktal's voice, her Shi Maa, and Mimi. But guess, a new entry has been made to the list.

And surprisingly enough, Nandini was not fearing with this. Any other time, she would have kept her daughter away from anyone. But knowing that it's Manik, she doesn't feel doing so. She knows that her daughter adores Manik, or maybe loves him as she says.

And she can say the same for Manik. She knows that he too adore and love Anahita. He would send voice notes for her at times, he would daily call her. He makes her smile and laugh. He makes her daughter happy.