CHAPTER 2

*******Trying to build suspense.... sorry it took me forever to update. My brother died a month ago toaday. LIfe sucks,,,, and then it goes on! SUGGGESTIONS??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 2

The car slowly came to a halt before her. So far all she knew was that the person drove a black Camaro. It was hard to tell if this was good or a bad. The window began to slowly go down. Katherine's blood drained from her face waiting to see who the driver was.  

"Do you need a ride somewhere?" the driver said.

Katherine was couldn't see who it was but by the voice she could tell that it wasn't a forty year old creeper.  The voice sounded more like a guy around his twenties. He didn't sound like someone that would want to hurt her. She just hoped her feeling was right.

"Uh, sure," Katherine said hesitantly.

As the person reached over to open the door the light of the car went on.  His strong tan arm was holding the door open for her. He had a black leather jacket with a simple tight, white v-neck shirt. She could tell he was a weight lifter by the way his shirt fit tightly. He wore dark, fitted jeans with b lack loafers. She slowly brought her attention to his face. He had a strong jaw, not exactly like Heath's. A straight nose that lead up to two hazel eyes with speck of brown, orange, and green. His mesmerizing eyes were below almost perfect eyebrows with a small cut on the left one that made him seem mysterious. His face was complete with jet black hair that fell slightly over his forehead, neatly. The only other thing that caught Katherine's attention was a thin, simple pinkie ring on his left hand.

"When you're done checking me out, are you going to get in?" he questioned, as a smirk slipped on to his face.

Katherine blushed suddenly remembering he was holding the door open for her.

"Yeah, sorry." She said quickly grabbing a hold of the door and  sliding into the car on the warm leather seat.

"Wow, cute and cocky!" she thought reaching over for her seatbelt.

"I'm not sure I can say the same for you and the cockiness is all part of the charm." He said grinning.

Katherine blushed furiously suddenly realizing she had thought aloud.

"Wait, what did you mean?" she questioned quickly, not being able to think of a comeback.

"What do I mean about what?"

"You can't say the same for me?"  she said, while tilting her head slightly to the right in confusion.

"Well," he began reaching over and pulling the passenger mirror down, "you see for yourself."

Katherine was startled at the sight of her appearance. Her hair was a complete mess, thanks to the wind. Her eyeliner had run down on one eye and her nose was red from the cold. The rest of her face was over pale.

"I do look bad!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, just a bit." He said reassuringly.

"I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not." She said wiping the makup off with one hand.

"Take it however you like." He said chuckling.

Katherine undid her bun, replacing the hair tie on her wrist, and ran a hand through her now wavy hair.

"Does that look better?" she asked after pinching her cheeks to add some color to her face.

"Slightly"

"Oh well, good enough." She said giving up.

The car was filled with a sudden silence. The only noise was the wind and leaves outside the car. Glancing at the dashboard she noticed it was half past two.

"So," she began, "Can you take me home?"

"Yeah," he said, "But one thing?"

"What?"

"Where is home?' he asked.

"New Ashford" She said simply.

"You're a bit lost aren't you." He stated.

"I don't know."

"New Ashford is a thirty minute drive from here." He stated as a matter-of-factly.

"Oh, well can I use your phone to call a friend to pick me up?" she questioned.

"I can take you. I just wasn't sure if you knew." He replied, starting the car.

"Anyways, I am driving to visit a friend that lives a town up from there." He added pulling onto the road.

"Where are you coming from?" she asked curiously.

"Springfield"

She thought for a second. Springfield was a town southeast of New Ashford about an hour and a half away.

"Nice." She stated.

"How about you?" he asked.

"Oh, I was coming home with my boyfriend from a party. We got into a bit of an argument and I got off." She explained.

"And he just left?" he asked in disbelief.

"I told Heath I would have a friend pick me up but I left my phone in his truck". She said.

"Oh, Is Heath your boyfriend's name?" He questioned.

"Yeah."

"Then what's your name?" he asked.

"I'm Katherine Carman." She said laughing. She had just realized they had talk for a good thirty minutes and they didn't know each other's names.

"And you are?" she asked smiling.