15: Drunken Mistakes📮

Start from the beginning

I stood there dumbfounded until one of the shop assistants came and shook me out of my trance.

"Are you okay?" she asked. She wore a confused look on her face and she shook her head and walked away after I nodded. I paid for my book and requested for an Uber which was going to take me back home

***

I received a message a couple of minutes after I came back home from Charmaine telling me that her boyfriend, Andile is throwing a house party and we're invited. As soon as I read the message she called me. I picked it up and sighed.

"This is your first party and you're definitely coming with me" I sighed at her excitement and plopped myself on my bean bag.

"Its cool. Just send me the address and we'll meet there" I said rolling my eyes.

"YEEEEEEEET!" she screamed into my ear. I removed my phone from my ear and dropped the call tossing the phone on my bed and heading downstairs. My mother was whipping up a storm in the kitchen with Mrs Kane. I sat on the bar stool and placed my hand on my cheek.

"What do you want? I know that look" she said as she added the final touches to her muffins.

"Can I please go to a party tonight. I promise I wont drink a lot" I said. She ignored me and placed the cupcakes on a Tupperwear

"Oh look, another order" my mother said cheerfully as she removed her apron and hung it on the kitchen door.

"Mama" I said dragging the word.

"Ngikuzwile Siphokazi. Just give me some time to think about it."

"I think I've proven myself to be responsible mama. I wont over drink or anything and if I feel I can't come back home I'll just catch a ride with Charmaine's mother"

"Okay, but you know the rules-" I jumped on her and kissed her cheeks multiple times.

"Don't make me regret this."

"I love you Mama" I said as I rushed up the stairs to my room.

I picked out an outfit which was a bit revealing but I have grown to accept my body over the past few days, all thanks to Nathan and Charmaine.

I applied light make up on my face and let my afro loose. I rushed down the stairs and bid farewell to my mother and James, who was watching television.

The Uber was already outside and I gave him the address and made my way to Andile's house. The house was not packed yet, we came a bit earlier to help him set up for the party and make the place ready. After two hours of decorating, the house was starting to fill in with guests.Charmaine stood up and brushed imaginary dust off her black lacy jumpsuit.

We walked towards the bar and Charmaine ordered a pina colada for herself and suggested I try Strawberry Lips.

"How do you know all of this, I thought you were shy and just?"

"Say it"

"I don't know, you?

"Wow Ada, very nice coming from you. Next time, you should not judge a book by it's cover" she said picking up her drink and heading towards the dance floor. I drowned my glass of the creamy liquor with tequila and looked at the dance floor. Just as I was about to head towards the dance floor I saw a familiar figure and the person looked a lot like Langa so I ordered another whiskey on the rocks to calm my nerves. I must be going crazy, Langa moved away from this town quite some time ago .

I downed my glass of whiskey and started talking to the bartender who I learnt is, Sanele. After thirty more minutes and couple of tequila shots, I regained my confidence and headed towards the dance floor.

I love it by Icona Pop was playing and I started dancing along to the beat of the song with my hands in the air. I lost my balance but I felt two hands on my waist. i turned around and was met with the sight of Langa.

"Is this you?" I asked giving his cheek a light slap. I touched the rest of his face and decided to pinch his nose.

"Oh my, it is you" I said followed by a burp

"Oops." I started laughing and I felt his hands make their way back around my waist as we started dancing again.

"I missed you, babe" he said with his head on my shoulder.

"Shh, lets enjoy the moment" I said turning my body around and looking at him in his eyes. He was wearing a denim jacket and blue skinny jeans with his Vans.

His eyes shone under the disco lights we put up a few hours before and he was wearing a smirk on his face. He cam closer and as if instinct, I placed my hands on shoulders and at first our noses bumped against each other. We laughed it off and whilst I was still having my fit, his lips brushed against mine, slowly and softly as if he were scared to break me. I felt the electricity throughout my whole body again. Tears of Joy by Slow Club started playing and at this moment, I wanted nothing more than to be here.

"I love you Ada Siphokazi, and it's very cowardly of me to tell you this while you're drunk because you won't remember all of this" he said as he kissed my cheek.

"I love you too Langa"

"Just fulfill my last wish Ada," he said as he held my hand up and placed a soft kiss on it

I looked up and waited for him to state his request. My eyes looked up at him and he was staring at me like I was the last piece of chicken on the plate.

"Spend the night with me Ada" The music around me died down. His eyes were sincere. When I was around him I felt comfortable, he was honest and I knew it was not his intention to hurt me by chasing our money. Langa was my home. How could I say no to that ?

....

Thanks a million for 2k reads. (Throws speckled eggs in the air)