According to Abhay, he is the best choice for me. Maybe not the best, but at least better than Aarush. (of course, in others opinion)

Dhyey is a data scientist. We met at one of Aarush's birthday parties.

They (Dhyey and Aarush) are college friends, and currently they are working together too. Since that day of the party, he has been hard on the heels to woo me. He says it was love at first sight for him (though I don't believe in love at first sight), but maybe this is an exception because from that moment on, he has never seen a girl or looked at a girl and has been concentrated on me (that's what Aarush and Abhay said to me).

You won't believe me, but the person I love (Aarush) was the one who was playing the role of cupid between us. It was funny as he could not even set or sort out (we can say) his own love life and was busy setting us up.

It was heartbreaking. I only know how it feels when he tries to pair us.

And I think you all already guessed, but I will still tell you. Yeah!! Dhyey, too, doesn't know my feelings for Aarush.

And before Dhyey was this desperate to woo me, I did something that gave him big-time hope. When Aarush confessed his feelings for Aditi, I lost my senses (maybe), because when Dhyey proposed to me for the fifth time, I didn't know how, but Sakshi convinced me to give in, and I did.

We were in a relationship for a month. We went on multiple dates, like cafe dates, movie dates, picnic dates, etc. Maybe I also started liking him. Everything was normal until that awkward day.

We were sitting in a garden and talking about our work. He talked about his data stuff, and I talked about my paintings. I don't know when the distance between us got close, but we were just a centimeter away from kissing, and like always, to spoil my happy moment, the devil's (and also my love's) call came. We parted ways immediately and gave each other a somewhat shy but awkward smile. I picked up the call, and I heard Aarush crying and immediately forgot about our kiss. I just hurriedly rushed to where Aarush was. I didn't even say a proper goodbye to Dhyey before leaving. And you know why Aarush was crying?

Because he saw Aditi kissing Krish, and it was nothing new because, for god sake, they both (Krish and Aditi) were dating at that time.

Now you must be thinking, in all this, why did I break up with Dhyey? Then the reason was...

Aarush cried while hugging me, and boom! My feelings for Aarush rushed back to me just because of that mere hug. It wasn't the first time he was hugging me, but I hadn't met Aarush all the while I was in a relationship with Dhyey, so I thought I had moved on, but no.

Just a glance at him—just a mere hug—gave me a reality check.

Being in a relationship with Dhyey felt wrong, so I just broke up with him without giving him a proper reason, and you know, he didn't even complain about it; he just said one sentence with a sad smile: "It's ok. I will wait for you."

He is such a sweet guy. I don't deserve him. He deserves a better girl than me, but he is not ready to leave his crush for me behind, and from that day on, he is full of hopes that I will come back to him.

"Back to earth, Samira." He said this, clapping his hands in front of me.

Oh, God! Nowadays, I am zoning out too much.

"Hii!!! What's up, Dhyey?"

Dhyey is not bad-looking; in fact, he is quite good-looking. Today he was dressed in a black and red check shirt with black chinos and white sneakers. He was looking handsome, but I prefer guys in t-shirts like Aarush. He hates wearing shirts. I rarely see him wearing it, and even though I am not a big fan of boys in shirts, even if Aarush wore shirts, he would look quite good.

Not again, Samira.

"Well, I was just passing by, so I thought to meet you," he answered with a big smile on his face.

He looks cute when he smiles or grins with his dimples.

"Oh!! And how did you get inside?" I asked him with raised eyebrows and a teasing grin.

He rubbed his neck, and with a cute blush, he answered in a breath, "
I rang the doorbell, but you didn't open the door, and I knew you were at home because of your shoes outside, and I remember your password."

I giggled at his ranting.

This time he raised his eyebrows at me to ask me, 'What?'

"It's ok Dhyey. Why don't you settle down in the living room? I will go and bring coffee for us," I said politely with a smile.

He gave me a nod with a smile and went to the living room while I went to the kitchen.

I made two instant cups of coffee quickly and brought them to the living room with some cookies, where Dhyey was busy looking at the painting hanging on the walls. Some were made by me, and others were from various artists whose exhibitions I visited.

"Can I ask you something, Samira?"

"Yeah Sure"

"Why are you, Mira?"

"Huh?"

"Why sign off all the paintings as Mira instead of Samira or Sammy?"

"Hmm. Well, I don't know. From the very start, I always signed my paintings as just Mira, so yeah!" I said I was rubbing my neck.

"Ohk.."

'Liar, liar, pants on fire... You sign off your paintings as Mira because Aarush gave you that name, you dummy,'my mind pointed out.