Chapter 1

ERINS POV

ERINS POV

Today we were getting a new member of intelligence, he was a friend of Antonio or was dating his sister or something. Anyway it didn't really matter, as long as he was a good cop I didn't have a problem.

"So Antonio, who's this guy your bringing up? I asked him as I pointed towards Hanks office where a male figure was talking to Hank.

"Jay Halstead, ended up being an undercover who dated my sister for a minute. Seems like a straight up guy" he said as he lifted his head up from his paperwork.

"I'll be the judge of that" I chuckled and gave him a wink before I turned to Hanks office. The door swung open and Hank walked out followed by our new detective.

He stood tall. He was handsome, good body. You could see his muscles through his tight shirt. Beautiful green eyes, little stubble and a military style haircut, he was definitely easy on the eyes.

"Everyone. Please welcome the newest member of Intelligence Detective Jay Halstead" Hank paused for a moment "Halstead this is Detective Willhite, Olinsky, Lindsay and you know Dawson. We're also in the middle of bringing someone in from the academy."

He shook everyone's hands, lastly mine.
"Nice to meet you Halstead, welcome"

"Okay so Halstead, you can take this desk and you will be partnered up with Lindsay." Hank said before walking back into his office.

JAYS POV

"Hi Sergeant Voight, Detective Jay Halstead" I said as I shook his hand.

"Yeah I know who you are. Take a seat" he was stern, little scary. I cleared my throat and sat down.

"So former ranger, see you here you got an Army Expert Marksman Medal" he lifted his eyebrow as he looked at me.

"Yes sir"

"Looking at all this you have a good track record, Antonio vouches for you and I think we could use someone like you in our unit. Welcome" he stood up and held out his hand for me to shake.

"Thanks Sarge, looking forward to being apart of your unit."

We walked out and Voight introduced me to the rest of the team and then he partnered me up with Detective Erin Lindsay.

She was beautiful, short wavy hair. Beautiful hazel eyes, but there was something else to her. She came across strong but closed off and I could tell she had a very badass vibe.

She nodded at me after Voight partnered us up and then followed him into his office.

ERINS POV

"So anything I need to know about this new guy?"

"No, just keep an eye on him for me. And go easy on him" Hank chuckled before motioning me out the door.

I walked out and tapped on Jays desk "Come on new guy we are going for a ride" he looked up and nodded at me before grabbing his coat and following.

..............................

"So where exactly are we going?" Jay questioned me from the passenger seat.

"Going to talk to a CI of mine"

"Okay...Want to tell me what for or?" He asked curiously as I pulled up to the curb.

"Just wait here Halstead, I will radio if I need you" I smirked as I hoped out of the car and walked into a corner pub.

JAYS POV

Who the hell does this girl think she is? I mean we are meant to be partners so shouldn't she be filling me in with why we are out in the middle of a bad neighbourhood.

I was sitting in the car for about half an hour before she returned. She got back in without a word and started driving again.

"Okay, so are you going to tell me what exactly we are doing? I mean we are partners" I questioned her.

"Okay for starters we have been partners for no more then a minute and secondly yes I will tell you when we get back to the district and talk to Hank" she bluntly replied.

"Hank? Huh. It's not Voight to you?" I said confused with a slight chuckle.

"I'm special is why" she said giving me a wink in a subtle tone.

...........................................

Once we got back to the district we walked straight into Voight's office.

"Okay Sarge. So you know how I have been pressing a CI that's been working at one of Neil Summons bars?" Erin spoke as Voight nodded "Okay well Sarah Parks is her name and she got a photo of one of the back rooms of one of the bars. We got a whole lot of Pretty Poison sitting right there."

"You sure we can trust her?" Voight asked and we both looked at Erin.

"Yeah I think so. She's been good to me, helped us a lot in the bar scene" she said nodding her head.

"Okay, well you two go undercover. Try and get eyes on the dope, once you's do we will roll in" Voight said and we both nodded and then went out to fill the team in.

We walked out and were introduced to Officer Adam Ruzek, Al pulled him out of the academy, so now I wasn't the only new member of intelligence.