Heroes

a/n: the picture on the side is the fanfiction.net cover.

________________________________________________________

Henry had known all his life that heroes were brave. They didn't hesitate to go find their true love or fight the super-villain threatening to destroy the world, they did it without thinking twice.

He had always wanted to be a hero, and after reading the amazing book his teacher -who also happened to be Snow White in another land- gave him, he actually had the chance to follow his dream. All Henry had to do was pass this test, which might have been underestimated by pretty much everybody (including himself) but right now it seemed too hard.

He'd always wondered whether she was tall or short, blonde, redheaded or brunette (since he had brown hair he believed it was the latter), and if she would be willing to save the world from an angry Regina Mills. All Henry had ever known about her was her name and eye color (which he had almost figured out due to her parents' eyes, but was revealed by Mr. Gold). He had wished that in a couple of years he'd be able to say he knew her better than everybody else, yet he could have visited her earlier and didn't. Instead, he kept stalling, afraid of the consequences this could bring. Although Henry had been looking forward to seeing those green eyes for a really long time, now he wasn't so sure.

What would she say? Maybe she'd be caring and sweet, but at the same time she could be worse than the Evil Queen... No, she couldn't. Her parents were good and she was destined to be a hero like them. A savior.

And so was her son. Therefore, he rang the doorbell before allowing himself to feel even more anxious, and in a matter of seconds a blonde, green-eyed woman opened it.

"Can I help you?" She asked, clearly confused.

Green eyes. He was finally seeing them, and now he noticed the resemblance between her and her mother. She was definitely who he was looking for, yet he asked her anyway, "Are you Emma Swan?"

"Yeah, who are you?"

He smiled, because he knew this was his big moment. He knew he could pass the test and be a hero once and for all. "My name is Henry. I'm your son."