Chapter Four: The freak

Beginne am Anfang

     "I'll come to your class as soon as possible, okay?"  Alice said as she lets go of my hand.

     "Kay." I replied to her. It's no use, you're at school right now. Just deal with it just 6 more hours and you'll be home. I thought to myself.

     "Morning And-" I heard the teacher but cut himself off. Great! His shocked too? I glanced up to see his face, his thick eyebrows narrowed together, his lips parted and his face expression... was holding that same look she had at the party. He looked away for a moment and I heard him clear his throat. "Sorry, um... take your seat the bell is going to ring."

   I took my seat waiting for the bell to ring, to tell me that the real battle is about to begin. I'm ready for whatever is going to happen to me. If only my brother or Alice was in any of my classes. I never knew how much you want a brother to be with you... and this moment I want him now.

     "Okay class so let's begin our lesson." The teacher announced to the class.

   I could feel my face burn up when I heard voices behind me. And I know it was about me since I could hear my name. Hurtful words started to spread in the class like some virus. And I'm the virus.

     "Is she a new a student?" A girl voice whispered.

     "No that's... Andy."

     "Did you hear Andy is a freak?" A guy chuckled to his friends.

   I hate today. I wish I could go back to that day, to that party to change everything. I shouldn't have gone to it. I should've told my brother I was feeling sick or something. Just by thinking about those words, I felt a lump in my throat.

     "Hey! Pay attention!" The teacher yelled at the class. "Oliver! You're seeing me after school."

     "Dude your busted!" A deep voice chuckled.

     "Shut up man! It's all that freaks fault." A voice said. And right after that I felt something hit my hair.

   Just ignore it. They want to see you cry and feel hurt. But I need to be strong.

   I kept feeling something small hit my hair and on my back. Were they throwing something at me? Well of course since they were laughing under their breath.

  The teacher stopped of what he was doing and glared at the students, "Class I'm just going to say this once so pay attention," He scanned everyone, even me. "If I hear anyone talk during my lesson, you will be sent to the principal's office, understood?"

     "I'll rather see that asshole then that freak over there." A student spoke. Making everyone to laugh but the teacher.

     "You," He pointed towards the voice. "go to the principles office now."

   I could hear oohs and chuckling among the teens, and the voice spoke again but this time with an attitude "No! You should tell that freak to go the principals office, not me." the voice paused for a moment, I glanced at the teacher who parted his lips to speak but got cut off "Besides I'm perfectly normal, we're all normal here but that thing."

   My face heated up from anger and embarrassment. The teacher glanced at me then back to whoever is talking "Oliver and you need to meet me after class."

   The bell rang and everyone got up, I didn't dare to look up or even move until most of the students left the classroom. I got up and when I was about to leave I heard the teacher's voice, I turned to look at him, "Don't let anyone bring you down, Andy. You're perfectly normal."

     "Thanks." A slight smile went on my face. Hearing him say that made me feel a little better today, just what I needed to hear. I walked out to the hallway, where I seen my friend Alice standing there. She looked at me and smiled.

     "I told you I'll be here right away."

     "Thanks, Alice."

    "What are friends for, Claire." Her smile got bigger and I swear I see sparkles around her, but just like that I turned around to hear one of the boys.

     "freak" one of the boys sneered making the other to chuckle. The teacher turned to look at them.

   I felt a hand on my arm and I turned my attention back to Alice, she sigh "Just ignore them, their freaks for not understanding you."

     "Yeah, I guess." I looked down at my clothes for today, I still can't believe I'm in a dress. "I can't wait to go home and change." I told her still looking down.

     "You look beautiful, Claire." She giggled taking my hand and leading me to my next class. I wanted this day to be over, or at least just disappeared in thin air. But that wasn't possible at all... if only it was possible.

    "My name is Andy, Alice." I looked at her, realizing she keeps calling me by her name.

    "Sorry..."