Chapter one: The beginning of Andy.

I never knew what was happening to me. Every time I look in the mirror I see someone else then me. Just who is that person? I would mumble to myself, peering at my reflection. 

     That’s not me, because the real me is someone else. I grabbed the scissors and looked at the girl that was staring at me. I mumbled to myself “Goodbye, Claire.”

     Grabbing strands of my long blond hair in my fingers I began to chop away, big chunks here and there. I stopped and looked at my reflection, I still see her. I looked down on the floor to see a messy floor, pieces of blond hair was everywhere, even on the sink and the counter.  Then I glanced up to still see Claire, the body that I’m trapped in for many years.

     “Claire, are you done in there?” A voice called out on the other side of the door.

     I wasn’t finished here. But I can tell my brother was being impatient. I growled when I saw those lumps on my chest. I began to push them down with my hands but it didn’t really help.  I could still see the lump.

     “Claire!”

     “All right already!” I yelled back at him. I quickly brushed my pieces of my hair into the trash can, but I couldn’t get the tiny ones. I sigh, oh well he could call for mom and tell her I cut my hair again. And this time I did it really short.

     I slowly opened the door and just when I did. My bother gasp and immediately began to touch my now short hair.  “What did you do?”  

     “I simply cut it.” I replied back to him.

     “Mom, Claire did it again!” He called her. Maybe he called her so she can see the masterpiece I have done to my hair. I just smiled at him and stood up tall. Ready for my mom to come up stairs and have the same face expression that my brother has on his right now, What-did-you-do?

     Just like I expected, but a scream escaped from her lips. “What have you done to your beautiful hair?” She rushed up towards me and began to grab strands of my hair.  I pushed her hand away.

     “Mom, it’s beautiful now. My old hair was awful.” I told her.

     “But still, Claire your hair.” She said with her mouth open, in horror. Geez, do they know its just hair and plus it can grow you know? I shook my head at my brother and mom. Tsk Tsk.

     “Well I’m going to my room.” I smiled at them, but I felt a pull on my shirt. I glanced back to see my mom holding my shirt.

     “Oh no, missy you’re not. We’re going to the salon and fix up your hair” She scanned my hair and a disgusted look appeared on her face.  “Well your hideous hair.” She corrected.

     My jaw dropped open, hideous hair? This isn’t hideous, it’s a masterpiece. I was about to correct her about my hair but I was cut off by an ugly laugh, and I know who was laughing. My brother, who else could it be?

     “Shut up, Sissy!” I yelled at him. But that didn’t stop him. I rolled my eyes, oh how much I wanted to punch him in the face.

     She looked at both of us and yelled “Hey, you two stop fighting. Greg go get ready for football practice and you,” She pointed at me. “We are going now. Now get in the car missy.”

     I sigh. Her irate voice ringed my ears. And I know she wasn’t pleased. I walked down the steps and straight to the car where I waited for her.

     “Get in.” She said, as she clicked the keys. Click. The locks made a sound that made me know it was unlocked; I opened the door and sat in the passenger side. She started the engine.