Day Dream

Warning: Mentions of suicide and other triggering topics

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴Three Years Ago➴➵➶➴➵➶➴

Seonghwa's keys clattered against the scuffed up hard wood as he made it to the door. The almost too quiet television startled him as a small noise erupted in an otherwise eerie silence. 

He was tired, but he always was. Like he always repeated to echo above his chaotic thoughts, he needed to get over himself. If he wanted a promotion, there was no way he could allow himself to slip into the constant loss of motivation. He walked over to the kitchen to pull out one of the last beers there. It was easy to down more than a few a night, slipping into some comforting daze, but he was too responsible for that. 

Work was excruciating, and he didn't have any energy to wake Yunho from one of his depressive naps and talk him into eating something, drinking some water, and watching a movie until they fell asleep once more. But that's the kind of friend he was, regardless of the energy he had. That sort of relationship meant Seonghwa sacrificed a lot. He made money for the both of them, and bought things for the both of them. Even Yunho's sister couldn't provide enough to even it out, and Yunho made too little at the gas station he worked at, though that could be written off to how many times Seonghwa let him skip days. 

Seonghwa loved Yunho, and he would do anything for him, of course he would. But the way things were going, Seonghwa was losing himself, unable to wake from his own unaddressed sadness. One he was able to work through using ignorance, but he knew once it was brought up, he wouldn't be able to handle it any longer. Suppressing emotions was the only way he'd be able to work up enough money to improve their condition. 

He walked over to his bedroom, the window cracked some to let in an unpleasant chilly breeze, he quickly shut it, realizing only then that Yunho wasn't in his bed. 

The last option would be the bathroom, and Seonghwa felt the fear creep in, the idea he always drilled into Yunho's dense head to never do. Yet, no matter how supportive Seonghwa was, it was never truly enough to aid the deep sadness and turmoil Yunho felt that Seonghwa could never truly understand. In so many ways they were much too different to coexist to begin with. Still, that never meant Seonghwa didn't want what was best for his friend, and whenever the topic of Yunho harming himself came up, Seonghwa was quick to wake up from his own issues to flock to Yunho, using everything within himself to reassure him that it was the worst option. Pain is temporary.

"Yunho!" Seonghwa shouted, eyes flickered dangerously below to the bathtub full of red water, rather of blood. Yunho was floating peacefully, and Seonghwa was sure he was dead then, running over to his sliced wrists, picking them up, and wrapping them with a few washcloths while simultaneously calling 911.

Yunho woke once he slowed the bleeding just in time for Seonghwa to dress him so he wasn't cold going outside in the snow on his way to the hospital.