Chapter 8

I heard a knock on my door and in came my assistant.

"Ma'am, Mr.Michel is here to see you." She said.

"Let him in." She nodded and walked out of my office. Moments layer Lance came in and shut the door behind him.

"Where is he?" He asked. I pointed to the door on my right.

"Still sleeping." I said and he nodded. The air in the room felt uncomfortable. Then I spoke.

"About this morning...can we--" I was cut off. He looked at me and becoming angry.

"Why are you always pushing me away?" He said angrily. Then I got furious at him.

"It's like you want to forget, forget me, forget our past!" He said. I couldn't hold my anger much longer.

"You told me to stay away! To never let you see me again, and I did. All these 5 years I have stayed as far away from you. Like you said, I'm a bitch, a cheater, a gold digger, a whore!"

I shouted at him. Remembering all the things he said to me 5 years ago. I laughed darkly my face had a smirk and not the good kind. I slowly walked up to him and now we're inches apart from wach other. I looked into his eyes and he looked at mine with, saddness? I spoke.

"You didn't trust me, didn't believe what I said. You broke your own vows and now you're paying for w--"

I was cut off by him wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to his body. Before I could say anything or push him away he kissed me, hard. I tried pushing him away but he didn't budge. Now I was hitting his chest and bitting his lip that I tasted blood and yet he still didn't budge.

He took my hands away from his chest and held them behind my back and held me even tighter. At this point I couldn't do anything any more. I finally gave in and kissed him back with so much passion. After all these years I still love him even though he broke me I still love him.

It felt like minutes have gone by until we stopped kissing. Both of us out of breath. He wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his head on my shoulder. I felt safe in his arms and he finally spoke.

"I know saying sorry won't cut it. I'm such a dick for accusing you. I called you those horrible names. I was just so angry that I couldn't see the truth. I didn't believe you, I didn't trust you..."

He said hugging me tightly. I wanted to confort him, to kiss him, but I knew better than to do that.

"After all these years. I can't get you out of my heart. I can't stand to be without you. I was a broken soul, only anger and pain filled me." He said.

"I love you Scarlette." He said. I pushed him lightly and he obliged but didn't take his arms off me. I looked up at him and saw his lips were bleeding because of me.

"You say you love me, but you did you ever trust me?" I asked softly. He placed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes and so did I.

"I've trusted you when you took my heart and made me feel loved and wanted." He said. I felt my tears fall to my cheeks. I couldn't hold it anymore. My hands moved from his chest to his face. He opened his beautiful grey eyes and looked at me with love.

I pulled him down to me and kissed him longing and yearningly. I didn't know what I was doing but I didn't want to push him away. I wanted him here, holding me, kissing me, I wanted him back so much.

We broke the kiss when we became breathless once again. I rested my head on his chest. Hearing his heartbeat made me relax. We didn't speak and held each other tightly.

"I'll give you another chance." I said quietly. He lifted my chin and I looked at him. He kissed my forehead.

"I won't let you down the second time." He said. The door where adam was sleeping opened and in came adam. Once adam saw Lance he walked torwards him.

"Are you my daddy?" He asked in an adorable way. Lance squatted to his level and smiled. A glint of love in his eyes.

"Yes I am. Come here." Lance said with open arms and hugged his son. The two of them went to the couch and talked. This made my heart happy.

■●•■●•■●•■●•■●•■●•

"WHAT!?" Hannah shouted from the phone and rambled. I took my phone away from my ear wanting to still be able to hear. When I was positive she stopped I placed the phone back to my ear.

"I know what I'm doing is stupid, but adam needs a father figure. He needs both parents to be in his life." I said.

"Have you ever heard of 'step-father?'" She said.

"I've tried but once they knew I have a son they make excuses about this and that." I said.

"Men are despicable. Never trust them with anything!" She said annoyed.

"Says the one who's engaged to my brother, which he was also a player before he met you." I retorted.

"He's changed. He won't hurt me." She said back. I sighed in defeat.

"I know." I said and Hannah changed the topic.

"So...where's adam?" She asked.

"He's with Lance getting ice cream." I said a smile formimg in my lips.

"Just...becareful Scar, I know he won't hurt you but...we don't want you to go threw what happened after he..." She didn't finish. But I alraedy knew what she was gonna say.

"Okay." I said softly. "Talk to you later." And I hung up. I breathed out a sigh and got in the bathroom. I needed a soak.

I filled the tub with water and lit a scented candle. I sunk myself inside the warm water, relieving myslef from all the stress. I felt my eyes become heavy and slept.

■●•■●•■●•■●•■●•■●•

Thank you for reading! 500 views and I'm so very grateful.

BYE!