Chapter 5

'It's like you never even knew me.
Losing you was my downfall.
Getting you back is my mission.'
                           -Lance Micheal

Scarlette's POV

I got back to my seat and I saw Hanna coming up to me.

"Hey. Kyle wanted you to know that it was time." She whispered in my ear and I nodded. I stood up with Adam in my arms and went to the back stage where I saw mom and dad.

"Grandpa! Grandma!" Adam shouted and wiggled from my hold. I placed him down and he went running to them.

"Grandpa, Grandma, congratulations on your anniversary." He said smiling. Mom gave him candy while my dad patted his head.

"Let Grandma give you kisses." She said and rained adam with kisses.

"My boy, you've grown so much." My dad said and ruffled his hair. Adam laughed and that brought a smile to my face. I walked up to them and gave them a kiss on the cheek.

"Honey, can you please sit over there. Mommy has to talk with your grandparents." I said and he nodded and sat in the chairs. I looked at my parents and hugged them both.

"Where's Jordan? I haven't seen him at all." I said.

"He's at the buffet. He just got here." Mom said. Kyle came up to us amd said:

"It's time." He said and I nodded I called adam over and picked him up.

My dad went on the stage holding mom's hand. "Welcome everyone for celebrating the company's anniversary with us..."

When he was done with his speech he called Kyle and Jordan to speak a few things.

"Now as you all may have heard that I have a daughter. She has agreed to reveal herself to the public. She is the owner and founder of the Fashion company 'Crimson' and without further a due, here is my daughter, Scarlette Richards and her son, Adam"

I got out of the backstage with my son in hand and waved to everyone. I made a short speech and handed it over to dad. After that I got off the stage and sat with my family.

I felt someone's gaze and I looked to see whose it was and came empty handed. I ignored it until the dinner was over. I hugged everyone and said good bye with my baby sleeping on my chest.

I thanked my driver and got off the car to my house. I opened Adams room and placed him in his bed. I changed into my own pajamas and got in my room. I suddenly heard my door bell ring.

Who could be here in this late hour?

I went down stairs and opened my door slightly. My eyes widened when I saw the man behind my door. I opened the door fully and looked at the man coldly.

"Mr. Michel, how did you find my house?" I asked.

"May I come in?" He asked. I thought for a while before I moved to the side to let him in.

"What do you want." I said. He turned to look at me with a slightly saddened look.

"Is he my son Scarlette?" He asked.

"Why would he be yours. I was whoring around with other men." I said with a hint of anger in my voice.

"Don't say that to yourself." He said. I scoffed and had a smirk on my face.

"I can't say that I'm a whore but you can? This is laughable." I said getting mad. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to him and held me by the waist. We were an inch apart.

"Let go of me." I retorted.

"Scarlette please answer me. Is he my son." He asked desperately.

"NO!" I yelled. "He will never be yours. I'm a slut, I cheated on you!" I said.

"Do you think I'm stupid? He looks like me Scar." He said getting pissed.

"Then why would you asked if he was your son?" I was getting furious. I tried pushing myself off him but he only tightenwd his hold on me.

"Mommy!" suddenly I heard my baby cry out. I became panicked and shoved Lance's hands off me and ran to my baby's room. I opened the door and saw Adam crying. I walked up to him and comforted him.

"Honey, is everything alright? Are you okay?" I said gently. He sobbed and hugged me tightly.

"Mommy, I had a nightmare." He sobbed and sniffed.

"What was your nightmare sweetie. Can you tell mommy?" I said stroking his back.

"That d-daddy left you b-because o-of m-me. He said he h-ated me and it was all my fault that you and daddy broke off." He cried even louder. My body tensed up all the sudden and I felt my eyes water.

"Your daddy doesn't hate you, he loves you so very much." I said, a tear escaped my eye. He looked up at me with his red eyes.

"Then why did he leave mommy?" He asked. I hugged him tightly and steoked his back slowly.

"Because mommy and daddy had a fight that he misunderstood. Baby, you have to know that it isn't your fault. It never was and never will be." I said and caressed his cheek. He slowly calmed down and fell asleep once again. I kissed his forehead slowly placed him on his bed.

I saw Lance standing by the door frame. I stepped out of my sons room and slid down to the ground with my head on my knees and balling myself out. Lance comforted me, stroking my back.

He lifted me off the floor and took me to my bedroom. He placed my on the bed with him beside my comforting me. After crying my life away I finally stopped and slowly breathed heavily.

"What happened?" He asked quietly. I shook my head and leaned on his chest.

"Adam had a nightmare about his gather hating him and blaming that it's his fault we broke up." I said slowly.

"I'm so sorry. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for me. It's all my fault." He said brokenly. I looked up at him with my eyes red by now and my cheeks puffed.

"Why didn't you believe me?" I asked all of the sudden and he looked at me with his watery eyes.

"I wasn't in the right state of mind." He said. He hugged me and placed his head on my neck. I tightened my hold on his shirt.

"Please. Don't leave me." I said. He hugged me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Okay." Was all he said before I fell asleep.

■●•■●•■●•■●•■●•■●•

This chapter was exactly 1111 word count.

So....I'm back? Sorry for slow posts. Hope you enjoyed vote and comment if you liked the chapter.

BYE!💜