𝑿𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰

Excuse any mistakes.

❝You set my soul on fire

You set my soul on fire.

The drive to the restaurant was silent—a comfortable silence. After arriving, Miles parks the car, a red one she hadn’t seen before, and heads to the passenger side to open her door. The two walk side by side, entering the restaurant.

“Mr. Gardner?” The hostess asks, glancing briefly at her notepad, and looking back up at them with a polite smile on her face. Miles nods, taking Ashanti’s hand in his. “Alright, sir. Right this way.”

The two follow the hostess to a booth set at the center of the restaurant, and Ashanti looks around in awe at the beautifully decorate space. Once she was situated, Miles moved to his seat.

“You look so beautiful,” Miles said, giving her his attention. “I told you you’d look good in this dress.”

Ashanti didn’t want to admit it, but he was right. The red color of the dress looked good against her skin, and the tight fit hugged the slight curves she possessed. He’d been right.

“Yeah, whatever.”

Miles laughed, looking away from her to respond to the waiter. After he left, Ashanti spoke again.

“Everything about this place is beautiful,” she spoke with a dreamy look in her eyes. “Aren’t you spending too much though?”

“I’m not,” he assured with a smile. “For a big man like me, you should know, money isn't a problem sweetheart," he added with a laugh.

“Well, it's good enough to make up for your ugliness.”

“Who?” he asked, laughing. “You know I don't need to talk too much.”

The two roasted each other until their dinner came, and as was usual with them, Ashanti cleared her plate first.

When Miles looked away from the waiter, he sees Ashanti already looking at him wearing a smile. “What?”

“You must really think you’re cute,” she jests. “What, I can’t look at you now?”

Miles squints because it seems to be a sneaky smile. “You took something off my plate, didn’t you?”

“No, I’m just smiling cause I’m happy.” Ashanti says, putting her elbow on the table and her hand on her face watching him eat.

“Don’t stare at me while I’m eating—"

“Why?" She asks, cutting him off. “You’re nice to look at.”

Miles pauses to look at her because he knew that look. “Do you want something on my plate?”

She nods with a wide smile on her face, kicking his feet under the table when he smacks his lips. “Don’t be stingy now.”

Miles forks some spaghetti and extends it across the table, a frown on his face. He was the only one she knew who’d catch an attitude over his food. Well, besides her.

Ignoring the displeased look on his face, she pushes her braids to the side and leans over to take the food in her mouth.

“You always want to eat off my plate, for what?”

“Thank you,” she replies, and when he sees her grinning at him, he ends up smiling a little.

“You’re bare spoiled,” he mutters, going back to eating.

Two short hours later, they're walking out of the restaurant hand in hand. After Miles finished eating, they’d sat and talked rubbish for over an hour. It was quarter past nine, they knew they had to get home soon.

“Let’s walk around a bit," Ashanti suggests. “I think I ate too much back there.”

“You think?” He scoffs. “The waiter was looking at you crazy back there.”

“Shut up,” she replies, her ears heating up.

Miles laughed, slinging an arm across her shoulder to pull her closer. It was beginning to get chilly. The red dress was sleeveless, there was no way she could be warm in it. “Are you cold?”

“No,” she answered, shaking her head.

They walked without speaking, Ashanti’s heels clicking against the gravel the only audible sound. After a few more minutes, they headed back in the direction of the restaurant.

“Can I drive?”

Eh,” Miles started, “it’s dark already. I think I’m better suited to drive at the moment.”

“So tomorrow? We can go to the park or something.”

He nodded. It was hard already to say no to her, impossible when she looked at him like that.

“Cool.”

They drove to her home afterwards, belting out the lyrics to Martin & Gina on the way.

how are we all doing?

this has way too many errors, but i didn't wanna keep my babies waiting for too long.

what did we think of this chapter? leave your thoughts guys.

till next time, stay safe!