Chapter 15

Song for the chapter: One trouser by Falz.

Tomi

"Can you imagine! I thought His wife always praised her husband's good conducts."

"Fear Men oh, they will disgrace you. Just see how he disgraced his wife."

"This is haram!"

"Abeg What was his wife expecting? He's an Hausa man after all. Awon many wives geng."

I hissed and closed my twitter app. "What is this one even saying? He's Hausa and a Christian..not a Muslim."

I dropped my phone on the dining table and sighed heavily, my mind continually drifting to how Aisha would be feeling. We had tried calling her but her phone had been unreachable and she hadn't come to the office either.

It was bad that her husband cheated on her and even worse that it had to trend on almost all social media platforms with His and the side chick's nude photos all over internet. Apparently, the girl's rival had uploaded the photos because she didn't like that her friend wanted to share her sugar daddy.

"Did you still send the package to Aisha's house?" Ray asked as he plopped down on my sofa with a pack of opened Doritos in his hands.

"I remember I told you not to touch my things and secondly do you know how much I love Doritos?!" I walked to where he was seated and I snatched the snack away from his hands. "Take anything but not my Doritos."

"Petty much."

"I sent the package to her house by the way. I know she'll accept it because it's just a harmless birthday gift for her daughter." I sighed. "But I worry for her."

"We all feel the same way." He sighed and hissed.

I turned to face him. "Don't you think we should pay her a visit?"

"I think what she needs now is space." He dragged the pack of Doritos. "Look, Tomike I think you should just give her time. I know She'll come around."

"It's hard to just ignore oh but as you've said she needs space so I'll grant her that."
I picked up the DSTV remove and changed the channel to super-sports.

"Only you Tomike..only you." Ray chuckled shaking his head. "That's why I like coming here. I get to watch sports and not fashion shows."

"Count yourself lucky that I even let you into my house."

"When does she arrive?"

"Kiki? She should be here in like ten minutes." I picked up my phone and checked to see if she had sent me recent texts but she hadn't sent any. "The last thing she said to me was that she was on her way to the house."

"Okay cool."

"Uncle better do and start going oh! Or is it because of Kiki that you came here?" I crossed my arms over my chest

"I just came to say hi to you Tomike!" He threw his hands up mockingly.

The doorbell made a shrill sound and He turned his head to the direction of the door.

"I think that's her!" He whisper-yelled.

I cocked my eyebrows at Him. "Excited much? Then just get the door."

He ran to the door to open it and I crossed my legs on the table getting settled in for the football match that was just about to start.

"Hi Tomtom!" My cousin, Tunmise shrieked so loud I almost wanted to cover my ears. "Look at you looking all big now." I looked at Him and moved my eyes to Raymond who looked just as shocked as me but I completely understood his reaction.

Tunmise one of the best makeup artistes in Nigeria is my favorite cousin, He's very down to earth, annoying and sweet at the same time. The thing with Tunmise is that he acts just like a girl but he's not in anyway gay. He just tends to act really girly like how he demonstrates, talks and his facial expressions and not a lot of people understand him but I do and I love him just the way he is.

"Tuntun!" I jumped up excitedly and we hugged each-other. He pulled away from the hug almost immediately and winked at me. "What is it Tunmise?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend now!" He stretched his hand across a shocked Raymond who didn't know if he should accept his hand or correct him.

"Raymond meet Tunmise my cousin."

"Hi it's nice to meet you. I'm Tomike's-"

"Tomike's colleague at work who is completely into Kiki." I completed and Tunmise slapped his head in frustration.

"I thought you finally left the singles market but what was I thinking? It's Tomike after all. Aunty Virgin Mary!"

"Tunmise you have come again with the attacking oh. Why did you not even call me to pick you from the airport?"

"That's because I got to Lagos yesterday for a clients wedding and I thought you were even going to be somewhere with some Mr right but I thought wrong." He hissed and dropped his Louis Vuitton tote bag on the chair and walked to the kitchen while we walked after him.

I rolled my eyes at Raymond who was trying to cover his laughter with a cough and I carried Tunmise's luggage into the visitor's room.

"And you Mr Raymond what do you even see in Kiki? That spoilt brat that only thinks of herself."

Now it was my turn to chuckle. I walked to the kitchen to join them and I saw that Tunmise had already made himself comfortable as he had already placed a pot of pasta on the fire.

"Tunmise abeg stop. Raymond here, likes her just the way she is."

"You never stop defending her. Raymond please shine your eye!" He opened his eyes widely and Raymond jumped back in shock and I muttered a sorry to him as I burst out in laughter.

"I think someone's at the door I'll go get it." Raymond spoke up and I shooed him away with my hands as I wrapped my cousin in a hug.

"What did you buy for me from Rome? I know you got me a lot of things."

"Leave here jor! I brought holy water so that you will use it to pray for a good man."

"You will never change." I hit his arm playfully and just then we heard footsteps.

"Tunmise I don't know you were here." Kiki said but it looked she was talking to me. "Are you going to be here for long?" She asked, still looking at me.

"Yes I came to see my cousin and do you have a problem with that?." Tunmise answered without looking at her.

Raymond bobbed his head in their direction and looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders.

Tunmise and Kiki are like unlike charges. They don't attract, they repel and it looked like it was going to one hell of a weekend.

_____________________________

Long time no update my people.

Who else loves Tunmise and can't wait for the drama to unfold?

I'll drop another update as soon as I can as my way of saying sorry for ghosting y'all.

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and share to your friends. Feel free to drop comments too.❤️

Tomi (A short story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें