Chapter 21

Song for the chapter: Anybody by Burna boy.

Tomike

"Lara, We have all the resources to burn them to the ground!" My grandmother wagged her fingers at her secretary. "I don't even need to be telling you at this point. You know your job!"

We were currently seated in my grandfathers study. My grandmother called an emergency family meeting regarding the case with Jada and her intention of tarnishing Deji's image.

My grandfather moved his chair as he studied us carefully.

"No one is burning anything to the ground." Deji walked into the room and settled into one of the bean chairs.

"Deji, have you checked the blogs! They are saying mean things about you." I folded my arms across my chest. "That ex of yours.." I stopped as soon as I noticed the glare my grandmother was sending my way. "I mean Jada. She's enjoying all the attention that she's getting from this."

"What do you expect from someone like that? Ghosting your partner for a week and showing up to his house after destroying his reputation on the internet." I scowled.

Tunmise clapped his hands as she shook his head in laughter. "Wait! So she even paid you a 'visit' after she was engaged?" He air quoted the word visit and I smacked my lips in disgust.

"It's the nerve of Jada that is making me so angry. I'm not even going to bash or insult anyone so let's just get this done and over with. Lara please do what you have to do."

"Look, I understand your concern and I'm grateful for everything but I just want to heal in peace."

" I totally agree with Deji." Tunmise scratched his head nervously.

"What?!" We all shouted and turned our heads towards Tunmise. My grandfather cleared his throat and we all kept quiet. He hated when we yelled or argued in the house especially in his study.

"Deji." He called and my brother rose up from his chair with his head bowed.

"Sir."

"Sit down on the chair next to your grandmother."

"Kolade please speak some sense into this boy." My grandmother hissed.

"Lara please give us some family time and when your boss is less angry, I'll call you."

"Okay sir." Lara walked out of the room and Tunmise shared a knowing look with me. Anything my grandfather decided on in this room was always the final decision.

"So a certain lady on the internet claimed she used to date you, Deji Adenuga, the son of Ambassador Tade Adenuga and grandson of Senator Kolade Adenuga." My grandfather bobbed his head to the side. "Am I right?"

"Yes sir."

"She claimed that you abused her emotionally and physically so she found solace in the arms of another man who happens to be the son of the deputy governor. Is that true?"

"No sir."

"Okay now over to everyone, if you believe Deji please indicate by raising your hands."

We all raised our hands and my grandmother frowned. She was clearly not understanding the need for all these questions.

"They believe you but I don't." My grandfather said and we all stared at him with shock written on our faces. "Yes I don't believe you, was I in the relationship with you? No I wasn't and that's the same mentality everyone out there has too."

"Grandpa!" I yelled.

"You put your relationship out there for people to see in the first place." My grandfather smirked. "Deji you used your own legs to enter this big mess."

"He was dating a slay queen so she was doing all of the posting. Grandpa you should know that it's not easy to be dating an Adenuga." Tunmise chuckled and one look from my grandfather caused him to shut up immediately.

"I have never and will never hit a woman. Grandpa you know that." Deji spoke in his usual low tone.

"Then tell that to the world or they would continue to insult you until they destroy the whole of your career. You know I don't take matters like this lightly. Adenuga men never lay their hands on women." He pointed his finger at Tunmise. "Call Lara."

Tunmise jumped up immediately and went out to get Lara. They came into the study after some minutes.

"Lara i want you to contact these blogs that are carrying this disgusting news around." He returned his gaze back to Deji who had suddenly started looking sad. "And you tell us everything."

"Grandpa." He frowned.

"Don't make me repeat myself."

"Ah Kolade! Cut the boy some slack. You know he's still healing."

"Deji!" My grandfather slammed his hands on the table and I shivered in fear.

"It all started last month." Deji sighed and we all focused our eyes and ears on him. "We had argued over her incessant spending and she wanted a break from the relationship. I paid her a visit after some weeks and I saw that she had a strange guest in her house. She was owing a certain surgeon."

"What would she need a surgeon for?" Lara asked as she typed furiously on her laptop.

"She got her body worked on during the break and she was owing the surgeon some money. I talked to her about it and it blew into a heated argument, she said I was old school, too greedy and according to her not up to the normal Lagos big boy standards."

"Sorry excuse me sir? I didn't get the last part. Can you please repeat.." Lara adjusted her glasses and stared at Deji.

"Lara are you high?" My grandmother hissed and and she bowed her head.

"I'm sorry ma." Lara turned to Deji. "Please continue."

"She threw a brown envelope at me that day. Apparently she was pregnant with my child but she had aborted it because she didn't think I was the right man for her." I gasped and Tunmise buried his head in his hands.

"And after that we went our separate ways. She showed up at my house some days before her engagement news blew up to tell me that she had already forgiven me for tying her down. I have never and will never hit a woman so I don't why she would do this."

I moved to my brother and hugged him. "Don't worry Deji we are here for you."

"Jada knows people are going to talk about her sudden engagement so she's trying to make people think that she was in an abusive relationship so that they'll think Deji is the bad guy." Tunmise frowned. "She doesn't know what is coming her way."

"She thinks she can ruin your reputation. Has she forgotten the family that you came from?" My grandfather laughed. "Lara call my assistant."

My grandfather's assistant walked into the room almost immediately. "Ola get me on the phone with my lawyers."

"And send a detailed explanation to the press Lara." My grandmother added.

The rest of us remained quiet still deep in thoughts while my grandfather talked to his lawyers and Lara typed away on her laptop.

"It is done ma. The news is going to be out in three, two.."

"I just got a notification." Tunmise smirked. "No one messes with my family."

________________________________

Thank you for reading❤️

Jada-0 Deji-1

😂😂