She sighed loudly. "Fine It's nonso."

I scrunched my face in confusion. "What about nonso?"

Nonso was Kiki's boyfriend. He worked as a manager in his father's oil firm. Nonso's parents would have called him Cunning instead of giving him Nonso. Nonso was rich and he was a womanizer but anytime we try to warn Kiki, she gets really angry at me and aggressive so I always had no choice but to let her believe whatever the hell she wanted to.

"We broke up."

It's about time.

"How did that happen?!" I whisper-yelled.

"He cheated and he had the effrontery to tell me that it was a mistake." She cleaned her eyes and I pulled her into a hug. As much as I didn't like Nonso, I also didn't like seeing Kiki so heartbroken.

"Kiki did you at least hear him out?" She rose her head up immediately and she glared at me.

Why are you glaring at me? Did I not warn you?!

"What do you mean by Kiki did you at least hear him out?" She mimicked. "Nonso thinks he can just apologize and everything will be okay. This is not the first time that he's cheating and now he did it aga-" She stared at me with wide eyes immediately she realized what she had said.

"Kiki!" I yelled.

"Tomi calm down." She buried her head in her palms and I shook my head in disapproval. "Tomi I can explain. Just hear me out."

"Kiki I didn't expect this from you. I'm highly disappointed." I said quietly, as I pushed my chair backwards and I walked out of the dinning room.

When I was within the confines of my room. I placed my hands on my chest to calm my breathing.

Calm down lioness you don't want to get another attack or do you?

The memories of last year's Christmas came flooding back into my mind. I had gone to Dubai on a vacation with Deji and on one of our numerous visits to the mall, I saw Nonso with another woman. I brushed it aside because she could have been his sister or cousin so I didn't even bother to think otherwise but later on that day, I had seen them in the hotel that I was staying and they were kissing like no man's business. I took pictures of them and I showed it to Kiki when I got back to Nigeria and she went haywire. She accused to me of hating her relationship and being so self centered, that Nonso was too good to cheat. She said something about him cleaning something off the lady's lips. That day I doubted my friendship with Kiki but Deji had told me to handle it like the bigger person, apologize to her and not involve myself in her relationship and that was exactly what I did and have been doing.

But later on this year, Ray had told me that he saw Nonso at the club and Nonso had introduced another lady as his girlfriend. He decided to tell Kiki about it despite all my warnings and he had gotten the biggest embarrassment of his life in return and as if that was not enough, Kiki unleashed her anger on me too. She said I thought I had it all, that I was a spoilt child who loved poking her nose in other's personal businesses. That night, Ray had talked sense into her head and she apologized but a part of me thought that Kiki was a bad friend since she was always out to get me even when I was trying to help her so there and then I decided to wash my hands off her personal life.

Now, She broke up with Nonso and she mistakenly spilled that he had cheated a lot of times so that could only mean that she knew that all those times I warned her about him, she knew I was saying the truth. So why didn't she listen to me? Everyone knew that Nonso was not good news for her but she loved Him regardless for reasons best known to her.

This friendship was not looking good anymore. What's a solid friendship without trust and genuine intentions? If she could say all those mean things to me in the past, it could only mean that she had something against me and I wasn't going to wait for a soothsayer to tell me to be careful with the way I live and do my things from now on.

Friendships aren't a do or die affair so I am not going stress myself to death. I thought to myself.

Typical Kiki would apologize, cry and say she was trying to protect her relationship or say that she was not thinking straight but for how long?

I sighed as I picked up my phone to call Deji and he picked up immediately.

"Hey baby sister!"

"Hello Deji."

"What? You don't sound happy. Are you hurt? Where are you?"

"Relax I'm fine."

He sighed and I chuckled. "Thank God. I thought something happened to you."

"I'm fine. Where are you?"

"I'm at home. Do you want me to come over?"

"Yes. I want to stay over at your place for the weekend so can you come over now?"

"Of course just start packing your things. I'll call you when I'm at the door."

"Call me when you're at the gate. I'll be waiting."

"Okay whatever you want." He hung up immediately and I walked to my closet to prepare a bag.

In less that twenty minutes, I was done packing. I wore Jean shorts under my shirt and slipped my feet into my adidas slides. My phone vibrated just in time and I rushed to read the message. He was already outside waiting for me.

I walked out of my room and locked the door securely. Something I had never done but since Kiki decided to act like a stranger, then why not treat her like one. She was in the sitting room eating ice cream out of a bowl and when she noticed my presence she gave me a sad smile.

"I'll be gone for the weekend. Stay safe." I said and I walked out the house without sparing her a glance.

———————————————-
Big question of the day:
Are your friends really your friends?

Oh well don't forget to tap the star button at the bottom left of your screen.

Thank you for reading.