Part Five

"I KNOW your heart, Klaus. You're so much better than this."

Klaus closed his eyes, smiling at the memory of seeing Camille earlier today while he read that same line on the end of the letter she left him. His head kept being haunted by the sight of her. She's no more than a hallucination made by the dark magic yet she kept him from killing his daughter, she still managed to do that.

He stared at the two things that laid on his hands. On the right is the white oak stake, on the left is Cami's letter and only the letter. He's left Freya the journal and trust that she will publish her memoirs along with the things Camille wrote for him as his stenographer. Someday, after all of this, or if the sufferings, the pain, the ordeals of the supernatural does not end, at least the world will come to know their story. The people will get faith from the fact that it is no longer a fairytale that a monster fell in love for a beautiful soul. It is not a fictional character anymore who managed to be her own knight in shining armor.

This world have witnessed, and will furthermore know the two of them. The story of them together... and apart. It will be the only thing that's truly immortal. They will live in everyone. Always and Forever.

Klaus' eyes aggressively blinked as he switched glances from those two things. His heart longed for another touch on Cami's epistle and so he did, he clasped it inside his left hand, holding it up near his chest as if it was her he was embracing.

What if he will not meet her after this? What if this is the very last thing that could keep him sane? What if after this hell on earth, he will finally go to the actual hell and face an unending torment together with all his guilt while being physically and mentally punished? Will he be able to hold on to this? Will this still be here if he goes away? Sure, this letter will burn with him but will it be with his spirit, too? Will he be able to read it over and over again until he's forgiven?

He smiled bitterly, tears streaming down his cheeks as he flapped one side of his jacket and placed the envelope in his left pocket, near his heart. He had read that letter over and over again until he memorized every line, like what he did to her diary. He repeated reading it, reminiscing everything that has happened to the two of them. Maybe the thought of it will stay in his mind. Everything will stay in his heart even if he goes to damnation.

Klaus didn't take Cami for a romantic, because she's usually cold and strong... being sweet is not so her thing but she wrote their whole love story inside the pages of that green journal he left in Freya's hands. Before the fifth of April year 2011, Cami had only written about the qualities she would want her man to be. Someone who's strong, caring, sweet and romantic to match her moodiness. Someone who will not get tired of her, love her endlessly... Somebody who will view her as the most special above every other woman except if they had a daughter. But though, she even added at the end of it, she isn't wishing for all of that to come all in one man. Camille is intelligent, she knows how the mind works because aside from studying it, she just has a way with everybody, and maybe she already figured out that teenage dream guys doesn't really exist. It only sets your standards then break your heart because of expectations.

Well, Klaus Mikaelson exists. Although he may not be her perfect dream guy, he's got all the qualities that Cami and Sean agreed to write. He's taller than her, definitely good-looking, strong is even an understatement, he's a total romantic... but only when it comes to her, he's filthy-rich, respectful, gentleman, and most important of all, he can never imagine hurting Camille in any way. Even when he's a paranoid, narcissistic, unsafe psychopath, there is that every little bit of goodness in him that comes to life just by listening to Cami's voice.