Part Three

"WHAT are you?"

Hope staggered back, stood straight while positioning both her hands by her chest, ready to use magic in case this creature in front of her does something crazy. Although suspicious, she can't help but think this little girl is harmless. But still no, she swallowed. She can't be wronged again.

"I'm not gonna ask you again. What are you?" She repeated, this time in a heavier and threatening voice. The kid in front of Hope just smiled yet again, raising her little hand in the air and showcasing a bright white light that came from there. She eagerly put her twinkling lovely eyes to Hope. "I was the stone."

The stone that glowed in the box earlier.

"You're the stone?" Hope paused at shock. "What the hell does that make you?"

The little girl marched toward her. "Don't be afraid, I'm totally harmless, I promise," her little hands were raised in the air as if giving up to a police officer who's pointing a gun at her. With that, Hope halted and rested her arms on the sides of her hips, still standing steadily. Now making the strange kid breathe in relief and finally opening her mouth.

"I am called the wishing star," she stated, carefully reading the expression on Hope's face which she expected to be like that.

Hope's mouth slightly extended forward, holding disbelief in her eyes. "Are you kidding me?"

"I'm not. Promise." She sighs. "I am one of the objects there," Her finger pointed at the boxes where Hope managed to get the stone from. "A witch put me in that stone to grant a wish until my magic drains and I can finally go to peace, but only the minimal ones I can do. I am not a jinni."

Confused, Hope released a sigh. Completely letting her guard down and all ears to this entity's reasoning. "What do you mean 'put you in there'?"

The girl pulled up the white sleeve up her arm, showing a star-shaped tattoo to Hope. "I was a young witch whose soul is trapped there until someone powerful enough calls upon their desires and pulls me out and I grant that wish so I will be free to go to peace. Your mind was murmuring the name of someone you want to dream of. Do you wish to be with her tonight?"

Despite her tiny voice, her words turned out to be wealthy in wisdom-- and accent. Like her father's. When that thought came into mind, Hope remembered again her father, and then her eyes shot up on the starwitch, rocksoul, whatever. "You can do that?"

"Yes, but only if you wish it. Should I start?"

"No, not yet. What else can you do?" Hope shot up, walking toward her bed as she eyed the girl.

"I can only do happy things. Like giving you lots of candies, making rainbows appear, talking teddy bears, a new room decor, those kind of things until I drain my little power. Dreams are my ultimate, if I do that, I will really have to use all my magic so it will have to be an only shot. But if your heart desires more, as long as it makes you happy, maybe I can work on that." She smiled innocently but with a hint of curiosity in her eyes, as if knowing that Hope has more desires than dreams, which she does. But Hope rolled her eyes, realizing that this spirit that came out of a rock cannot grant her the wish of banishing The Hollow so that their family can be together once again. She cut out their stare and instead took her time to think of something else. Something that won't waste a wish.