Part Four

"To Elijah... I have an old game of Trivial Pursuit under my bed."

_________________

Elijah now wears his usual suit, fixing his old room in the Mikaelson Compound. The curtains were up again, new bedsheets and pillow covers. All of his garments are delivered by the tailor and just waiting to be put inside his closet which he will just clean up.

He took the dusting brush and rug in his hands then started-off wiping the exterior of the wooden closet. Once he's done, he raised the dusting brush and opened the closet, closed his eyes while getting rid of the spider webs and thick grey dust that has lived in there. Opening his eyes, Elijah found a flat box covered with a hefty amount of dust. He takes the rug in his hand and then gently pulls it out before dusting it.

A small smile appeared on his face when he read the text on the box's cover.

It's Camille's old game of trivial pursuit.

He hasn't seen this for years! But... all of his stuff are stocked in those boxes when he fled New Orleans. Why is this box the only thing left here?

In excitement and curiosity, he quickly pulls up the lid. He saw what he expected to see; a dice, pies, the board, the cards, but as he pulls further, another thing surprised his sight. It was something rectangular and green. He still had to blow on it to reveal what's written, but there was nothing.

Elijah walks to the nearest table available and he places the box there, pulling out the green thing which turned out to be a bullet journal. His right hand rummaged through its front cover, unconsciously removing the elastic that held the book closed.

Once it was open, his eyes settled on the paper on the first page.

Klaus' name is written there.

_________________

"DID you tell her?"

Klaus shook his head. "She's my daughter..."

It wasn't long before Elijah imprisoned him in his tight embrace, causing Klaus to already let his tears fall as he hugged his older brother back.

Hayley is dead. Elijah has just gotten his memories back. Freya and Keelin's wedding barely happened and now Hope is dying.

Hope. Klaus' only daughter is dying.

Elijah poured them both another shot of whiskey. They've been here for an hour now, talking about plans on how to tell Hope- no, scratch that- on how to save Hope. Clearly, no one is planning to tell her all about it, especially when they know that she would just decline her family's sacrifices and make her own decision.

"Okay, then we leave for Mystic Falls first thing in the morning," Elijah reclined on his seat, taking the glass into his mouth as he watched Niklaus helplessly stare at the fireplace as if it was the most important thing in the room. His brother is lost. Once again he seeks comfort and safety... and light, that now even Hope cannot grant.

Earlier today, as he did all the compulsions for Freya's wedding, Klaus also settled his will. Naming each of his properties and possessions to the rightful heirs. And leaving the lot of his riches to Hope. He'd planned something that even Elijah didn't know.

Hayley already died for Hope. If he lets his daughter die then he's done no respect in Hayley's sacrifice. That's why he's got to do this.

To be honest, there are so many things that runs inside his mind right now. He might want to tell every single one but what good would it be for those who'd hear him? He never accustomed telling other people everything that bothers him. Klaus is selfish, yes, but not only for the good things... but also the bad. He prefers keeping the unpleasant truth all to himself than involve those who want to hear his side of the story. He hated it, he'd rather suffer from it alone.