Chapter 1

Tring..tring..tring..

Swara who was sitting on the sofa just near to the landline immediately attended it, she waited with bated breathe for the caller to speak something and when no voice came in for almost two minutes she let out a suffering sigh and spoke, "it's 2.00am! go to sleep". Her voice was rigid, it wouldn't really give any idea to the caller that probably she was waiting for this call.. "arrey wah! You recognized me!" an unsteady voice came from the other side.. Swara joined her back to the sofa and closed her eyes as she heard his voice.. and then it continued for don't know how many minutes, she patiently heard him, his incoherent words, his complaints, his anger, the sound of pouring of something which was ofcourse alcohol, the sound of breaking of glass.. tears flow out of her closed eyes as she heard everything, after almost an hour everything stopped, she opened her eyes, they had turned completely red.. she waited for few more minutes and when no voice came in, she silently kept the phone knowing that he has slept. She went to her room, saw her sister Ragini sleeping hugging a photo frame, she covered her with a comforter and laid near her closing her eyes and soon a not so peaceful sleep occupied her.. ever since she and her husband were separated alcohol helped him put to sleep and his voice made her sleep because he would never call her in his senses...

--------------------------------------------------------

Nikhil malhotra, Swara's childhood friend just returned from Mumbai to Kolkata for his own motives. He is staying in bose house as a tenant. Though Swara was not willing to take money from him and allowed him to live in the house without any rent, Nikhil stubbornly told that he would pay her rent. Swara and Sharmishta were comfortable with him as he was Swara's schoolmate and they knew him from very long time, Shekhar never really bothered about him much as for him he was just a tenant and his daughter's friend but Ragini was so suspicious about him.. isn't he just too sweet and good to everyone? She had no idea about his profession and even Swara had no idea about it. He lives in Mumbai but now for some work purpose he would be in Kolkata for few months and Swara never questioned him much. When he asked for a place to stay she simply allowed him to stay in bose house as a tenant. Ragini often found him sneaking at nights and going out somewhere, she tried asking him about it but he cleverly escaped from her questions, she tried warning Swara that he doesn't seem to be what he is but Swara calmed her that he would stay for only few weeks and it's his choice if he go somewhere at nights and not to think about it much. Ragini never broached the topic again but she was never convinced that Nikhil is a good guy. One more person who disliked Nikhil or in clear words hated Nikhil was none other than Sanskar Maheswari, his blood boiled seeing him so close and comfortable with his wife but he never expressed it, but how much can he control? One day his jealousy came out only to hurt his princess...

It was a stormy night, Sharmishta and Shekhar had gone to visit dadaji and Ragini was stuck at their client's place as she had come there to discuss about their daughter's wedding decorations, of course she and Swara were wedding planners now and job was the only thing that kept them a little busy and not concentrate on their broken lives. Her clients allowed her to stay for a night as it was raining heavily and she can't get any cab, without any choice she informed her parents and her sister and stayed there...

Swara was alone in the home and Nikhil was her only company. They sat outside of their home in the corridor of the baadi watching the rain and fondly recalled their school memories. Sanskar completely lost his senses because of alcohol and decided to meet Swara and when he reached baadi drenched in rain and saw Swara sitting with Nikhil and smiling at his talks, tears flew out of his eyes mixing with rain. His Swara, only his.. anger clouding his senses as he angrily marched towards him. Swara immediately stood from her place and was shocked to see him in such a bad state and Nikhil also slowly got up equally shocked but he knew that he was his friend's husband, he had seen their wedding pic that was framed in her room, he was not aware of the problems with her husband exactly but knew that something was wrong.