xxxviii. a rare sight

Start from the beginning

But then Taehyung smiled and shook his head. "What are you talking about? Everything's fine! W-well anyways, I better get going, I need to water the plants!" He smiled sheepishly and dashed out of the room, Jeongguk's helpless sigh following after him.

"He already watered the plants earlier." He sighed out loud, groaning and leaning back on his chair. What did he do wrong? "This is driving me insane!" Jeongguk growled out, gripping his hair in frustration.

"Oh Jeongguk, what are you saying? You're already insane." A voice said, followed by a very familiar laugh. That one that sounds like someone's wiping the windows. Jeongguk snapped his head up, glaring at the intruder.

"Seokjin." He let out in a deadpan voice, glaring at the said male. Seokjin laughed sheepishly, scratching his nape while looking away and whistling. Jeongguk sighed, for what felt like the millionth time.

"You know, based off of his actions and yours, I think I know what the problem might be." Was what Seokjin suddenly said. Jeongguk's eyes sparkled within a second, his ears perking up at what Seokjin has got to say.

Seokjin laughed at him, shaking his head. "So, what's the problem?" He asked curiously, anticipating a good answer. The demon sighed, as if disappointed.

Eh? Was it that bad?

"THE PROBLEM IS YOU! YOU MORON!" Seokjin screamed at the top of his lungs, almost blasting off his ears. For a second, he sat there with a straight face, because what the fuck?

When the demon noticed his clueless state, another sighed emitted from his pouty lips. "You're hopeless. Listen up, Gukkie, you're about to get an advice from a love professional." That was a lie.

"Aren't you single and inexperienced?"

"Shut up!!"

~

"The sky's cloudy again." Taehyung murmured to himself. True to his words, he had gone to the garden. Though of course, he hadn't watered the plants, he already watered them earlier, but don't tell Jeongguk.

"Gukkie must be in a bad mood, huh." The pink haired jumped at the sudden voice, looking over only to see Jimin smiling. That scared him.

"What do you mean?" He asked, baffled. Jimin looked at him with the same expression as his.

"Don't you know? The sky of Hades changes according to the mood of its ruler." The demon explained as he made his way to him and sat down. It was a nice day to be out, though the sky clearly ruined that.

Taehyung paused for a second. "What could be bothering him?" He asked, mainly to himself as he stared at the dark sky up above. A frown was etched onto his face, wanting to know the reason of Jeongguk's bad mood and stop it.

"That must be you." He was taken by surprise when Jimin blurted that out. He snapped his head so fast towards the demon that he had a whiplash. His eyes were wide open, staring at Jimin in disbelief and confusion.

"Me?! What do you mean?!" Taehyung interrogated, leaning forward and wanting to know the answer so badly. He can't be the reason. Had he done something wrong? Well, he did ran away. Oh no, he shouldn't have done that!

"Eh, I think he's just.. worried. Don't think too much of it, he's going to be fine." Jimin replied, waving his hand in the air. Then he was walking away, his footsteps grew distant and he was left alone again.

Taehyung sat in silence, thinking of things he had done that might have upset the king. In the end, he thought of none. An agitated sigh escaped passes his lips, this was irritating.

Suddenly, there were loud hasty footsteps on the background. Taehyung snapped his head towards the entrance, seeing Jeongguk ran towards him, looking as if in distraught.

"Tae! I have- something to.. tell you. Hear me out please." Jeongguk huffed out, pausing to steady his breathing. The pink haired male looked at him in amusement and somewhat confused.

"U-uh, okay." Taehyung nodded, despite the confusion in his mind. He watched with curious eyes as Jeongguk held both of his hands and knelt. This took the boy by surprise, about to get up and stop the demon but was interrupted when Jeongguk spoke up.

"I know our first meeting was not the best, heck, it was the worst. And I'm really sorry for that. As well as for all of the things that I've done. You always stuck by my side even when I pushed you away. I know this isn't that romantic and probably not the right time but I promise I shall do this again properly some time but- will you-" Jeongguk paused, gulping.

All while Taehyung stared in bewilderment, this was the very first time he saw him look so nervous, so panicked and so out of character. Somehow, he noted it on his mind, to treasure this day forever.

"Will you please be mine?" Jeongguk somewhat screamed, bowing his head. Taehyung almost laughed, this was so novel-like! The ones where you see on TV, those romantic confessions. He was almost certain this wasn't Jeongguk's idea.

Taehyung couldn't help it anymore. He threw his head back and laughed. It was the best laugh in his whole life. Because he was just so happy. "Why are you laughing?! Wait- you're crying! Why are you crying, petal?"

Yes, he was crying. It was pure tears of joy. He had never felt so happy. It wasn't even a wedding proposal, he was just getting asked out! In the funniest yet most romantic way ever. Well, for him at least.

"Yes, yes, I will." Jeongguk beamed with joy, a rare sight. He was suddenly engulfed in a hug, almost crushing him. He grinned, eyes still wet with tears as he hugged back.

"Who even- Seokjin told you to do this, right?" He asked, already knowing the answer. Seriously, that man literally copies everything he had seen on earth. Jeongguk pulled away, surprised.

"How did you know?" He asked. Taehyung laughed. Knew it. Sometimes, when it came to desperate situations, Jeongguk would do anything Seokjin told him to, thinking the demon was cool and that it would certainly work. Most of the times it did, but it led Jeongguk in doing ridiculous things.

Just like now. Seriously, Jeongguk put way too much trust on Jin. But that just what makes their friendship unbreakable. Their undying trust on each other.

"I just knew." He wouldn't even tell Jeongguk that his confession was the most cliché and perhaps cringey confession ever. Because for him, it was the absolute best.

~

a/n: not me publishing a chapter out of nowhere after disappearing for months. anyways- hope you enjoyed!