xxii. river of tears

Start from the beginning

He let out a dry chuckle, laughing at himself for only realizing his feelings towards the ravenette. Taehyung rested his head against the door, his nose red and his eyes swollen — a river of tears flowing from them.

Come to think of it, the ravenette had been gone all morning. Had he been spending time with minthe instead? A surge of jealousy hit him and he ducked his head down, gripping his hair.

His gut was right, he was just on the side for Jeongguk to play with.

It hurt so bad. Every loud laughter they shared, every smile, every kisses, every hugs, every happy moments, apparently meant nothing to the ravenette.

The first ever person he liked, he meant nothing to him. Jeongguk has Minthe anyways, he was just a pathetic waste of time.

"I'm so pathetic."

~

Minthe scrambled away from the ravenette, shocked by the sudden loud sound. "What was that?" She asked, Jeongguk ignored her and stood up from his seat, pushing Minthe away. With furrowed brows, he walked towards the archway.

As soon as he took a step forward, he heard loud retreating footsteps from the entrance. Feeling even more confused, he strode to the hallway and looked around, finding no one in sight.

"Is someone there, Hades?" Minthe asked from behind him. Jeongguk snapped his head towards her, a deep frown on his lips.

"Don't call me that." He hissed, annoyed by her clingy behaviour. He had been bothering him for the whole day now, he even missed the opportunity to go to the garden with Taehyung.

He shouldn't have let her kiss him, he regretted that for some reason. But can he say? He was a demon, a man of sins. Minthe was practically a walking temptation and jeongguk, being the devil he was, couldn't just resist.

Temptations were so hard to not give into, especially from a demon. Give into them and you'd find yourself wanting more, losing control and eventually, losing everything. But he had nothing to lose, right?

A pout crept onto Minthe's lips, her brows furrowed in distaste. She decided to shut up, not wanting to anger the devil even further. Minthe looked at the floor, sulking.

Her brows furrowed even more when she saw a book on the ground. "Hey, look." Minthe called out, pointing at the book on the floor.

Jeongguk followed her finger and saw his book on the floor. "Fuck," He whispered under his breath, suddenly remembering what they had been doing earlier, he immediately felt guilty for some unknown reason.

He grabbed the book and ran down the hallway, rushed up the stairs and dashed to Taehyung's room. He stood in front of the pink haired's door, frozen. Jeongguk breath out, why was he here anyways? It wasn't like he needed to apologize, he did nothing wrong.

Kissing Minthe was normal for him. He had done that countless of times before, yet, why did it feel like it was his mistake this time around?

Even if it was a mistake, why would he apologize? He wasn't one to ask for forgiveness, he wouldn't give a single shit to whatever others feel.

But there was just a heavy feeling in his cold heart that screamed at him to apologize and even beg for forgiveness if he needed to.

Jeongguk furrowed his brows, mentally fighting with himself. With each passing second, he grew more and more frustrated.

It was Taehyung, he needed to apologize.

No, he didn't.

But, the pink haired must be upset. The least he could do was say sorry.

He didn't care-

A loud sob sounded from across the door and he felt his stone heart crack at the sound. His frown deepened when Taehyung continued sobbing, the sounds breaking his heart even more.

He did care.

"Fuck it," He mumbled under his breath and softly knocked on the door. Taehyung seemed to quiet down after he knocked. Realizing the pink haired was probably trying to pretend he wasn't there, he knocked again.

"Taehyung, I know you're in there. Open up.." He said with a soft voice. Jeongguk gulped, not wanting to say the 'magic word'. ".. please." The ravenette continued, hoping that Taehyung would just open the door.

Silence only answered him. He sighed once more, knocking again. "Please, open the door, petal." He begged once more. Jeongguk sighed again, hearing nothing from the other side. Maybe he should just walk away.

He knocked one more time, promising himself to give up if there was still no answer. But he found himself knocking on the door for a few more minutes and begging for Taehyung to open the door.

Jeongguk raised his hand, about to knock again but stopped himself. He was only making a fool out of himself. Why was he doing this anyways? He must have looked like a complete idiot.

He suddenly felt angry and rolled his eyes at Taehyung's childish behaviour. "Fine, come talk to me when you finally decided to stop acting like a brat."

Jeongguk cursed under his breath and walked away, leaving Taehyung behind the door quietly sobbing to himself.

~

a/n: that was a bad cut 'cause i don't know if I'll be able to update tomorrow :/

also, just because i use lisa as the antagonist, doesn't mean i hate her. i don't really like blackpink but i do respect them.