Chapter 24

I jolt awake. I look over on my nightstand, the clock reads 5:37 AM. I sigh and then decide that I should probably get up. If I fall back asleep I could have another nightmare. I put on black leggings and a gray plain t-shirt and a pair of black high top converse. I head down to the kitchen area and make myself a cup of coffee. After I drink my coffee I look over to the living room area and see a note. 

Ali, 

I remembered that you still need to go shopping, today is your lucky day!

-T.S.

I smile as I read the note and pick up the credit card that was underneath it. I head back up to my room and change into some workout clothes that I stole from Natasha. I head down to the gym and start my routine with my workout playlist. About an hour or so later I hear the gym doors open. I don't pay attention as I'm more focused on punching the shit out of this punching bag. I picture Lenkov's face on it as I go crazy on the bag. 

"You punch that for a bit longer and your hands will start bleeding." Sam says to me. I wipe the sweat from my brow.

"Trust me, I've had worse injuries." I tell him.

"You need to take it easy Ali, I don't want you to hurt yourself." Sam replies. 

"I said, I'm fine." I say to him. He walks over to me and grabs the punching bag, I still punch it, He then moves in front of the bag. I stop and stand up straight. 

"I wasn't asking, I was telling." He looks at me, genuinely concerned. I sigh in defeat knowing he won't take no for an answer.

"Fine, you're right."  I say and take the gloves off my hands and put them on the bench 2 yards behind me. We both walk out of the gym and into the kitchen. I go and grab a granola bar from one of the cabinets. 

"You do know you can eat more than that right?" Sam says to me. 

"Yeah, I know, but I've got a busy day of shopping ahead." I say and I turn and head back to my room. "Tony left me his card" I shout back at Sam.

"Well don't have too much fun." He shouts back.

"That, I cannot promise" I reply and walk down the hall to my room. I change back into my leggings, t-shirt, and converse. By the time I get back downstairs Natasha and Wanda are finishing up their breakfast. 

"So, where are we going today?" Wanda asks me. Her and Nat read the note Tony left.

"Everywhere we can find. Tony's paying." I reply and she looks at Nat and they both smile and look at me. 

"Give us 10 minutes to get ready." Nat says. I nod my head and walk over to the living room area and sit on the couch. I get out my phone that Tony gave me and scroll through cute dog videos on Instagram till Nat and Wanda come back downstairs. 

"Ready?" Nat asks as she picks up car keys.

"Definitely" I reply and we head down to the garage and we get into one of the many cars there. We picked a bright blue Porsche SUV. We pile in and head into town. We hit up every store we could find. We stopped at a Chick-Fil-A for lunch and then went back to shopping. We shopped till we dropped. Both Wanda and Natasha made sure that I had clothes, shoes, and accessories for every event possible. We got back to the compound and made they boys help me carry all this stuff to my room. 

"Did you get enough stuff Ali?" Steve asked me.

"I hope so, shopping all day was exhausting." I say to him. Once everything was in my room I shut the door, turned on some music and started to put everything away. 2 hours later I finished and threw all the bags away and went downstairs for a snack. I grabbed a handful of cheez-its and started to walk away, wanting to explore the compound. Sam caught up to me and started to walk with me. 

"Can I help you?" I ask him and look over to him. He laughs and looks down at me.

"Just enjoying the view." He says. We were standing in front of a glass window as we stopped walking and turned to face each other. We stare into each others eye's for a while. He leans in for a kiss. I turn my head.

"Sam, I-Iv'e done terrible things in my past, they're starting to catch up to me. I- "

"I don't judge people on their past mistakes, Ali." He says to me. I puts his hand under my chin and turns my face to his. I look down, and then back up to meet his eyes.

"Maybe you should." I say to him.

"If I did then I wouldn't do this" He says and leans in and kisses me. I start to kiss back only to be interrupted by breaking glass. Out of the darkness of the night bullets start coming at us. I use my powers to create an energy field long enough for us to get out of their sights. I run to my room. I knock on everyone's doors as I run to my room. They all open their doors with confused faces. 

"Time to suit up" I say and run to my room to change into my suit. (Similar to Natasha's suit in civil war). I sneak down the hall and as everyone else follows. I peak around the corner. Agents of some sort all in tactical gear searching for us. We all decide to take different ways to enter to catch them off guard. "Now!" I yelled and the whole team ambushes the agents. As I'm fighting them off I see someone out of the corner of my eye. I finish off the guard I was taking down. I stand up straight to meet this person. 

"It's been a while, Ali" She says to me. I look at her as if I've seen a ghost. 

"Svetlana?"

"In the flesh" She says.

"Your supposed to be dead." She looks at me and points a gun at me. Then next thing I know she's on the floor, barely alive. I run over to her body and kneel down. 

"What have they done to you?" I ask.

"They're coming for us. They sent me to kill you." She replies. "I did it to stay alive" She says.

"How? How did they find you?" I ask her.

"They have Evvie" She says and her pulse fades.

"No no no, Where?" I ask but it's too late. She's dead. As the team finishes off the last of the agents they all look over to me. 

I stand up and look at them. A look of fear washes over my face. 

"They're coming for me"