Chapter 10

It's been 27 hours since Fury was assassinated. I have files and everything spread out on my apartment floor. I'm trying to rack my brain around why. Why kill Nick Fury? And who has the balls to kill him, especially knowing that Natasha and I work directly under him. Whoever this is, I need to find them and make them pay.

knock knock knock

I grab my gun and head to the door, my brain going a million miles per minute. What if they're here to kill me too, go after Fury then the next highest ranking agents. No, no, stop thinking that Ali, just breathe and calm down.

I open my door to see Natasha standing there, she has a look of urgency on her face.

"I know who killed Fury."

"What? Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"I didn't know how you would take it Ali, I was trying to protect you and I'm sorry, but back to Fury. The person who killed him, Ali, it's the Winter Soldier."

As she said that I paused. I was speechless.  The Winter Soldier.  He's the reason my best friend from the red room is dead. Sasha, he killed her.

"No, it can't be." I say as I try to hold my emotions back. 

"It is, Steve chased him on the rooftops after he shot Fury. Think about it Ali,  Soviet slug, no rifling." As soon as she said that, it clicked in my brain.

"First he killed Sasha and now Nick. He can't get away with this Natasha, I can't let him get away with this."

"He won't,  I'm trying to track him down, and I need your help."

"I'm in. He needs to pay."

"I know Ali, I know. Now, let's go find us a ghost." We both exit my apartment after changing clothes, we both haven't changed our clothes since the night Nick was killed.

We get back to the Triskellion and we realize that it is no longer SHIELD, its been taken over by HYDRA. We need to play it cool though. Like we have no idea. We then do a turn and burn and exit the Triskellion. Just as were walking out we see Steve come crashing through the glass ceiling. Natasha and I share a look and we sneak out a back entrance. We tell Steve where to meet us and he does, at the mall. We all find clothes to change into and were good to go.

"Ali, go find us a car that Steve and I can drive." Natasha says to me. I nod my head and they head to an apple center to hack the drive that Nick gave Steve. I go out into the parking lot to find us a car. Just as I'm about to approach one, now keep in mind the parking lot isn't filled with a lot of people,  I feel a sharp pain on my head and everything goes black.

Natasha and Steve exit the mall and had just seen my red hair go into the abyss of the cars and follow it. They see a note on one.

"Take this one, had some business  to take care of. Don't  get yourselves killed, it's bad for your health ya know, -Ali."

Steve and Natasha share a confusing look but do as the note told them to do. They then make their way to New Jersey,  the Garden State.