Chapter 20

After the battle ended all the Avengers returned to their lives. Clint went back to the farm to be with his wife and kids. The rest of us went to the new Avengers Facility in upstate New York. The boys were talking about Thor's hammer and the whole being worthy thing. I met them at the exit door.  I walked out with them to say my goodbyes to Thor.

"You know, I could use some company Ali." Thor says to me.

"I would love to but, I have some things I need to take care of first." I tell him.

"Maybe next time." He says.

"Maybe, but don't get you hopes up, I'm in high demand these days." I say jokingly. He chuckles and then then lifts his hammer and teleports away, leaving Tony, Steve and I out there by oursleves. 

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance. I'm gonna miss him though, and you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears" Tony says. 

"I will miss you Tony" Steve says.

"Yeah? well, it's time for me to tap out, maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book. Build Pepper a farm. Hope nothing blows it up."

"Simple life." Steve and I say. 

"You'll get there one day" Tony says.

"Well, a family, stability, the guy who wanted all that went into the ice 75 years ago. I think someone else came out." Steve tells us.

"Well, I guess it's time for me to go too." I say.

"What is it, exactly, that you need to take care of?" Tony asks me.

I sigh, "A friend in need" I tell him.

"You have friends?" He says in shock. We all laugh and I hug Tony and he gets in his car and leaves. Then I turn to Steve. 

"Take care of her" I tell him, referring to Natasha.

"Trust me Ali, she can take care of herself." Steve tells me.

"I know" I say as I look him in the eyes. "I'm gonna miss you" I tell him. He gives a a hug and then my car drives itself up behind me. Steve looks at me in shock

"Gift from Tony" I say

"Ahh, that makes sense" He says.

As I go to get in I look back at him, "Oh and don't let Sam get a too big  of a head"

"I'll try my best" He says. I get in my car which was actually really freaking expensive, Tony went all out for me. It's an all black Audi R8. He wouldn't take no for an answer. I drive off and look in my rear view mirror, looking back at the Facility. I sigh, then I set my GPS to take me to a cabin up north. I set up cameras there a long time ago and recently there has been some activity. I need to check it out. It takes me about three hours to get there, I pull into the end of the driveway and leave my car there. If someone is here I don't want to scare them. I grab my gun and thigh holster and put them on. As I get closer to the cabin I draw my gun and prepare myself in case I need to shoot. I peak into the windows and I don't see anything. I open the door slowly and peer in, I walk through the cabin, checking every room, They're all clear. I haven't gotten to the kitchen yet. As I approach the kitchen I hear a voice. 

"I never thought I'd be seeing you again this soon Alina" She says

"Neither did I. Tatiana Chenkov, how the hell did you get out?" I ask her. 

"Once I came to my senses, I realized what they're doing is wrong. So I escaped." She tells me.

"Tati they're looking for you? Why'd you come here?" I ask her.

"I need you help, that's why" She says.

"And why should I help you?" I ask her.

"Because they killed the others. Svetlana, Oxana, Evgenia, they're all dead. And I was next, I barely escaped with my life." She explains to me.

I sigh, "Okay, but this place isn't secure enough, I need to get you somewhere safe." I tell her. Next thing I know the front door busts open and were surrounded with guns, We fight out way out as best as we can. Once Tatiana is in the car I go back into the cabin and use my powers to kill the rest of them. I get into the car and drive like hell away from the cabin.

"How'd they find me so quick?"

"You must've messed up somewhere, it's okay, shit happens." I tell her.

"So, where are we going?" She asks me about 1 hour into the trip.

"Somewhere safe, there is a place about 3 hours away. Natasha's there too. It's the Avengers Facility. It's secure, you'll be safe there." I tell her. She looks at me worried. 

"Don't worry, it's safe I promise." I say and look over at her and give her a soft smile. I look back at the road and see someone standing there in the middle of the road. We both look at him and say in unison,

"It's him"