Chapter 7: Clash at Mermaid Falls

Start from the beginning

After scanning the room for a bit, Deku saw Hypno Baron using his hypnosis on some of the mermaids. He looked behind the evil fiend and saw the Giga Mermaid. He looked at her carefully until he saw something: A strange necklace around her neck.

He quickly turned to Shantae and tapped her shoulder to get her attention. As she turned towards him, he pointed to the Giga Mermaid and then to his neck. Shantae looked up and saw the necklace. They looked at each other and nodded as the plan became obvious: Remove the necklace from Giga Mermaid and free her from Hypno Baron!

Deku soon started to make a plan in his head. A little while later, he pulled Shantae over and removed one of her ear plugs. Then, he whispered his plan into her ear. After Shantae nodded in agreement to the plan, Deku turned to the freed mermaids and started to give them parts to play in the plan.

*****

"Finally," said Hypno Baron. "With an army of mermaids at my command, I will finally conquer all of Sequin Land. I bet that Shantae and her green friend have beaten each other senseless by now."

Unknown to the villain, a bunch of mermaids were silently sneaking to the cages and freeing the others. As the mermaids freed the prisoners, they whispered something into each captive's ears. Soon, every mermaid was freed and snuck away to where Deku and Shantae were hiding.

Hypno Baron turned towards Giga Mermaid and smiled evilly. "Now, my champion," he said. "Gather your troops and prepare for battle!"

The Giga Mermaid nodded mindlessly and began singing. Hypno Baron waited for his mermaid army to come; but no one came. He turned to the cages only to find them all empty.

"What?" He shouted. "How?"

He looked around and saw every mermaid glaring at him angrily. He began to feel scared at the sight of over a hundred mermaids staring at him with rage.

"Guess you should've left the mermaids alone, Hypno Baron," said Shantae as she stepped in front of the mermaids.

"What? How did you break free from Giga Mermaid's spell?" Hypno Baron asked in surprise.

"My good friend helped me," Shantae answered.

Deku blushed a little before saying, "That's right! I never leave a friend behind no matter what."

Hypno Baron glared at the two heroes. "You may have freed your genie friend, boy. But how will you defeat my secret weapon?"

"He's not the only one who will save the Giga Mermaid," Shantae claimed boldly. "The mermaids and I will help him! Prepare to feel the wrath of Shantae, a mermaid army, and Deku, the hero who can!"

Hypno Baron yelled in anger before turning to the Giga Mermaid. "Destroy them all!"

Giga Mermaid nodded before glaring at the heroes and other mermaids. With a loud roar, she fired an electrical beam from her head jewel towards Deku.

Activating One For All, Deku began to zip around to avoid the attack. He crossed his arms and unleashed a powerful attack.

"New Hampshire Smash!!!"

The giant mermaid queen staggered a bit before regaining her posture. With a loud growl, she swung her fist at the green hero. Deku dodged the attack with ease. Before Giga Mermaid could attack, Shantae jumped up at her.

"Thunder Storm!!!"

Using her genie magic, she summoned a little cloud which began to crackle with electricity. A few bolts hit the head jewel, damaging it a little. The mermaid queen got very angry and began to shoot bubbles at the half-genie hero.