Chapter 5

I walk into the library whilst I hold my breath and walk past the librarian. We have an extremly strict librarian here, she makes iteven hard for me to breath. And it's the same with everyone else in here. Everyones so quiet in here I feel like if I just take one breath everyones going to stare.

I sing the alphabet as I walk down the isle. I'm 17 and I still can't find a book with an author that begins with a Y without singing the song in my head. It's actually become a habbit of mine to do that.

"F,G,H,I,J,K...." 

"You still can't do the alphabet?" Someone laughs from behind of me.

I turn around and smile at Hanna a.k.a Masons twin sister. We've been friends for a long while now, well shes my only friend whos a girl.

"Come on lets get out of here I'm hungry. I can't believe your spending your time here in the library when you could be eating shitty school lunch." She huffs.

"Okay, okay lets go." I laugh.

She loops her arm with mine as we walk side by side down the stairs. It's nice to have a friend of the same gender. You can relate more and talk about more important things like boys. I know I don't seem like the type of girl to fangirl over boys or anything but I still have a slight interest. Like that League of Legends team Cloud 9 they have good lookings guys.

Okay maybe not...

I've never actually met a good looking guy league player. They're all skinny as fuck and pale and most of them has glasses. Well Mason on the other hand is actually really...hot. Thanks to his sister.

And Mark is pretty decent too. They're both tall and they look healthy enough. If I wasn't friends with Mason I would think about dating him.

There are even some people in the school who say that Mason is much better looking than Blake. 

Honestly they're both the same level of hotness just hot in a different way. Mason's more of a warm and loving type and Blakes just the asshole type...

Actually Blake isn't even that bad...

What am I saying.

"Are you even listening to me?" Hanna sighs as we sit down on the lunch table.

"Sorry, sorry I was just thinking about-"

"-league."

"No... I mean yeah sure."

Actually no I was going on about how hot your twin brother was.

"I heard you guys have a big game coming up." She laughs as she chews on a piece of lettuce from her salad.

The only reason why Mason started playing was because of me. I don't even think he likes playing it.

"He likes you. You know that right?" She says as she puts down her fork.

"Why are you suddenly say-"

"-You know. Right?"

"Of course I do..."

I knew of course Mason's liked me for the past year. He asked me out last year but I said no. I wanted to keep our friendship. 

"But he's over me right? It's been a year." I laugh slightly as I chew on a potato chip.

"He's still pretty obsessed with you. I don't understand why though you have no boobs or a-"

I throw a chip at her face as she flinches back. "Shut up." I laugh.

Of course I know it's true. I'm not pretty I have no rack. I'm fucking flat as a wooden plank.

"But I mainly don't understand why you don't like him bac-"

"I want to keep orur friendship. If we break it's going to be awkward and he's the only friend I trus-"

Hanna coughs as she looks up at me.

"Okay well I trust you aswell but Ma-"

"Are you guys talking about me?" Someone laughs as I hear a chair being pulled out next to me.

"Yeah we're just talking about-"

"League." I smile.

After Mason asked me out last year we became more distant. I mean we're still best friends it's just things are a little different. I never thought he looked at me like I was a girl I always thought he thought I was a guy like anyone else.

I showed up at his house with sweatpants and a messy bun all the time, I never did my hair or even makeup (I never do) I mean heck I even slept in the same bed as him.

We've had mother fucking sleepovers for crying out loud.

But then he asked me out. After that I stopped going to his house to sleep because Blake took my bed. I stopped showing him my sweatpant self... I just slowly started to care about what I was doing infront of him.

"Your really quiet today Alexa. Normally your the one constantly talking and driving us insane." Hanna laughs.

"Are you okay you seem pretty pale." Mason asks.

"Yeah I'm fine.I don't really feel like eating and I need to get my biology project finished so I'll see you guys in class." I say quickly as I get up from my seat and throw my sandwhich in the bin.

It just sucks because It's just not the same anymore.

I mean it is. It's just if I sit down and think about it, we've changed so much. I never really truly realised until now.

I walk back into the library and head back down to the isle and sigh as I sign my ABCs.

Pretty lame I know.

"H,I,J,K..."

"I see you still have that habbit of yours." I hear someone laugh.

I turn around and roll my eyes at Blake. "Why the hell are you in the library."

I hear someone people putting a finger to their lips staring at me wide eyed to be quiet.

Nerds.

"I came to look for a textbook." He laughs.

I walk further down the isle and take the books that I needed and sit down at a desk at the far end of the library where I can actually breathe.

I open the text book and start taking notes then I feel a dark presence lurking beside me.

"I won't bother you don't worry." He laughs as he sits in the chair opposite me.

We both concentrate without speaking a word to eachother for 10 mintutes until I hear Blake put his book down and sigh. "Look Lex...I mean Alexa. I'm sorry about yesterday... I didd-"

"It's okay." I reply before he could finish his sentance.

I laugh at his relieved face and look back down at my book. I know how much he finds it embarrassing saying sorry. He hated doing that. Even when he broke my arm when we were kids when he pushed me off a tree.

I look back up and I see Blake smiling down at me and staring directly into my eyes. "Are you okay..." I ask worriedly.

"Yeah of course. I'm perfectly fine." He grins.

What the fuck is wrong with him.

He closes his book not taking his eyes off me and gives me a smile. "I just can't stop thinking about kissing you right now."