Chapter 11

Alexa's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I hear someone scream as my room suddenly fills with light.

I pull the covers over my head and groan. 

"Wake up Alexa" I hear someone sing as I feel the covers get pulled off me and I wince in coldness. Right. I'm turning 17 today. Completely forgot.

I open my eyes as I stretch out my arms. "Good morning."  I sigh as I see my mom smiling down at me.

"Come on wake up your going to be late for school." She smiles as she walks out.

I forcefully push myself out of my bed and trudge to the bathroom. Who knew birthdays were so miserable as you get older. I remember when I was 10 I would be the first one awake for my birthday.

I take my toothbrush and stick it in my mouth as I turn the music on my phone. I'm going to have to survive another day today.

I walk downstairs and I cringe as I see my parents dancing along to Shut up and dance with me by Walk the mood.

"I guess I'll be leaving for school now." I quickly say as I grab my bag from the counter and make my way out of the door.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I hear my dad shout as I shut the door, smiling to myself.

I put on my headphones as I begin to walk to school, scrolling down my phone on facebook replying to my birthday messages.

I frown and stop walking as I see a message from Blake. I open the message my heart pounding. Who knows what prank he's going to pull this year.

When I was 13 it was dumping my books into water. I remember that day specifically because that was the first day of his pranks. Me, Mason and Hanna's sister stole someones hairdryer from the changing rooms and we had to dry them all out.

My 14th birthday was probably one of the worst. He posted a video on facebook of me singing and dancing to Taylor swift in my room and trust me it was embarrassing as hell. I was known as Taylor in school for a while.

And years went on, pranks came out one after another and now it's my 17th birthday.

Happy birthday.  I read.

He's probably planning on misleading me thinking nothings going to happen then BAM I'll open my locker and a rotten dead fish will fall out splat on the ground or something.

Since were older who knows what immature prank he's going to pull. I swear he's becoming more immature by the years.

I walk into school cautiously eyeing everyones movement and I safely reach my locker.

I slowly unlock my locker and gulp as I hear my locker click open. Now all I have to do is pull the door...

I close my eyes as I expect something fall onto me or the fire alarm to go off.

But there's nothing.

I open my eyes one by one slowly and breathe heavily in relief as I see nothing. Nothing other than a purple sparkly box on one of my shelves inside of my locker.

I'm guessing this is the prank.

Whatever man up Alexa. Deal with it now and you won't have to deal with it later.

I wonder how he always knows my locker combonation even though I change it every year (for him). Proabably because I'm an idiot and it's always 12345 or 00000.

I just...I'll forget my combo if I change it to something complicating.

I go on my tiptoes as I take out the box from the shelf and shake it.