Chapter 24

I know things won't be the same as they were before. Things will be different between me and Mason now... I felt dumb. 

Extremely dumb when he told me that he liked me.

Because deep down inside I already knew, it wasn't something unexpected. And the horrible thing is that I've been subconsciously ignoring that fact this whole time, hurting him constantly and trying to ignore it by loving someone else.

Pretending, deceiving myself that I had no idea.

But I'm grateful...so god damn grateful that he didn't react in a way where we would end up arguing and I had a fear that we would argue and I would end up walking out of that door.

But here I am, sitting beside Mason trying to concentrate on a game. But I know that he can't concentrate, I know that he's thinking of other thoughts right now.

Because that's what I'm doing right now.

"I'm guessing you two have made up." I hear Mark say as I hear the his bedroom door click shut.

"And when did you come back?" Mason asks as he takes his headset off.

"Wow just because you two are friends against doesn't mean that you guys should lose interest in me." Mark huffs.

"We were always friends Mark." Mason sighs as he takes his hands off of his keyboard.

I smile at Mason, feeling much more reassured than I did when I first came in and I felt the awkward atmosphere. Now that Mark is here it is a little less tense.

I can see that Mason is much more comfortable as well.

I reach out, pulling Mason into my arms and hug him tightly. 

"I missed you so much Mason." I laugh.

But before Mason reacts Mark jumps in and begins to pull us away with a frown on his face.

"You two are abandoning a game and you shouldn't be doing that since you are playing on my account Lex."

I shake my head and return back to the game, smiling.

The next day on my way to school I actually had a skip in my step. The sky seemed clear and blue, the faint smell of cut grass lingering in the air and I felt great.

I woke up without pain of not wanting to go to school. I actually woke up with joy which is extremely weird and I should be taken into a mental hospital I know. But I was so excited to see Blake I just couldn't contain it.

I know I shouldn't be this excited. I shouldn't be this excited in front of Mason.

But I just can't help it.

It's something I can't help anymore. Although it hurts...it hurts that I don't even know if I even mean anything to Blake, for all I know I could just be one of his little toys that he play with and when he gets bored he throws them away.

I push open the heavy doors and for the first time in my school life I don't feel like killing myself after seeing the monkeys loitering around in the corridor, taking books out of their lockers and talking to each other trying to pretend that they are actually humans or something. It's funny actually.

The stampede of idiots, rushing down the corridor to their classrooms don't bother me as much either.

I'm just going to do it, whether or not Blake loves me back or even has interest. I can't hide my feelings anymore...I don't know if he cares about me and yes it hurts it hurts a lot to know that the guy that I'm feeling these amazing feeling for the first time too, may not feel the same way.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see Blake, smiling at me warmly at me.

Even after 50 years that smile will make my heart race.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey." I reply.

I find myself smiling uncontrollably and we just stand there, staring at each other in the middle of the zoo, I mean school, not speaking just staring.

Just being next to him makes me so happy.

He takes my hand and guides me up to the school rooftop. There are small whispers from behind me but I don't even care anymore. As long as I'm with Blake I just don't care.

Luckily I had a free lesson so I didn't have a class for my first one. Which is probably why I'm even here on the rooftop with Blake.

The rooftop always had a beautiful view. If you looked down you could see that even our football field was attractive from here. I mean up close its horrible but on the roof everything seems peaceful, relaxed and picturesque.

Okay sorry I overreacted on that one.

"Your okay right? Yesterday you seemed a little u-"

"I'm fine. Really." I smile.

Blake leans against the iron railing, not taking his eyes off of me nor his hand off of mine. He just caresses my hand gently with his thumb smiling at me warmly.

"I'm guessing the reason your so happy today is because of me?" He grins.

"I was wondering why your cockiness was not showing up, but here it is." I say, rolling my eyes.

But it's true. It is because of him, this is all because of him.

But rolling my eyes is such a natural reflex when it comes too seeing Blake now.

He pulls me in by the waist with his arm, grinning down at me as he brushes the hair out of my face.

"I swear if I don't go a day without seeing your amazing eye rolls I go crazy." 

He leans down, giving me a small peck on the lips and I let out a small laugh.

"Seeing you go crazy is on my bucket list."

"Bucket list? You have a bucket list? Since when were you so Tumblr like." he laughs.

"But you should tick that off of your bucket list because I go crazy every time I see you." He smiles as he leans in again but this time not a peck.

But a real kiss. 

Just like the one yesterday, it was just as passionate. His soft lips against mine and our lips move in sync, fitting with each other perfectly just like a puzzle piece. 

He was my missing puzzle piece.

We pull away for air and he rests his forehead against mine, my eyes gently closing. I'm in love with him. I'm madly in love with him.

And I hope he feels the same.