Family Bond

Aoba Johsai Gymnasium 

"Come on Iwa, send me another!"

"You sure Leila?"

"Yeah!" She squatted in position

They had two weeks until the Spring Prefecture. The girl's team practice finished an hour ago and Leila wasn't done perfecting her receives yet. The thing is about Aoba Johsai's female team... Mei and Leila were the only third years and the majority of the rest of them were all first years.

They were still in the learning process, so Mei and Leila really felt the pressure. Many of them played volleyball in middle school, but when it comes to official high school tournaments... were they ready?

"Okay..." He served up the ball as it went flying across the court 

"Damn it!" Leila shouted making her nose scrunch missing the ball

"Oh? What do we have here?" 

The gym doors opened revealing the cocoa haired brunette.

"Shittykawa, talk some sense into here would ya?" Iwa looked over to his best friend

The force of the following volleyball hitting her in the stomach was enough to make the girl do a backflip, but Leila stood right up after waiting for another one.

"Tooru! Perfect timing!" Leila jumped

"Come on-" She pushed the the pail of volleyballs towards the setter as her eyebrows rose up with a teasing smile trying to string him along

Tooru analyzed the girl head to toe. She had bruises from all the receives. Starting from her arms, going down her legs from diving across the court.

One of the reasons why Tooru and Leila clicked so well was because they put their whole being into the sport. He hated seeing her beautiful body in pain, but Tooru knew that she wouldn't give up. They were very similar in that sense.

"Kay, kay Lei Lei-" The boy grabbed a ball

"But just one-" He winked sticking out his tongue walking to the other side of the court

The setter twirled the ball in his hands stopping it with his palms making Leila furrow in concentration. She knew by his stance that he was going all out. 

Tooru threw the ball up in the air and jumped as Leila watched his graceful hands come in contact with the ball.

'It's going right!' 

Diving down she received it... but it went out.

The blonde groaned as she watched the multi coloured volleyball bounce towards the wall.

"Nu uh Lei Lei~" Tooru walked over knowing she was going to retaliate for more serves

"I said one-" He bent down offering her a hand up making her sigh

"Fine..." 

_______________________

After Tooru walked her home, Leila went straight upstairs with her volleyball bag and flopped onto her bed. Her muscles were aching, what she needed right now was a nice warm relaxing bath. She groaned hearing her mothers shout's from the bottom of the stairs.

"Leila!" 

"We're going to the Sawamura's for dinner!"

"Be ready in 30 minutes!"

'No....' Leila muffled into her pillow

She was too tired to move.

"Okay!!" She slightly sat up