1.

"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞."
***

"Gianna I swear to God if you don't get your ass outta that door in the next three seconds I'm leaving without you!"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance at the screeching sound of my best friend's voice echoing throughout our apartment, I chose to ignore her and instead continued my sleep, snuggling further into the warm couch.

I could have sworn I heard her mumble something along the lines of 'no wonder you can't keep a job' but I ignored that too and shut my eyes, hoping to fall back asleep. My eyes were clouded with images of my dreams when I felt my body hit the floor with an extremely painful thud.

"What the fuck?" I gasped. "You did not just push me off the damn couch!" I yelled at her, over the sound of her booming laughter. I got up and wiped the imaginary dust off my ass before glaring at her and stifling a yawn, grabbing a seat cushion and shoving it in her face, finally shutting her up and she groaned, the sound muffled by the pillow in her face.

"I'm going to ignore that because we're late." She said, grabbing her keys off the table and slinging her bag over her shoulder. I rolled my eyes for what had to be the thousandth time today and followed her to the mirror in the hall, where we both fixed our messy hair.

I was met with the reflection of two extremely tired twenty two-year-old girls who looked like polar opposites in every way. One blonde with shimmery straight hair and gloss plumped lips who looked like she had her entire life planned out, and a brunette who couldn't achieve a normal sleeping schedule and survived on ice coffee and hopes for the future. The only form of makeup on my face was the remnants of sleep-smudged mascara which I used a hoodie sleeve to wipe off.

"Remind me again why I have to come with you to pick up your sister? I'm pretty sure you can handle a five-year-old on your own." I asked, popping a mint into my mouth as we entered the elevator.

We lived on the second floor, much to Celine's disagreement but my fear of heights over-powered my needs to let her have her way. Despite being so close to the ground, our apartment was still unbelievably expensive, but definitely worth the thousands we pay each month.

Despite being so young, Celine had managed to score this apartment using some of her saved up cash, and with a little help from her parents, the deed was put in our name just two years ago.

The idea of me leeching off my best friend didn't sound so appealing, I luckily, after endless months, convinced her to let me take care of the utility bills to which Celine reluctantly agreed, if only to make me feel better.

"Yes but, the whole point of having a best friend is not to be alone during boring stuff like this." She spoke, breaking my train of thoughts and backing out of the driveway.