Twelve: A Little Love Is Better Than None

Start from the beginning

Elsa snorting took me out. Why was she laughing? Lass should be helping me out here!

"No, you're not." Strawberry stated matter-of-factly. I didn't know what to reply anymore.

Even more so when she asked...

"So, how was the Ball, sis?"

I wanted to die.

To expire.

To croak. 

To kick the bucket. 

To meet my maker. 

To be a goner.

We were so busted. What gave it away? My dress? 

"I'll tell you all about it at bedtime." Elsa replied without any hesitation. Anna cackled like an old hag in hysterics. I felt like the dumbest person in the world, listening to an inside joke flying over my head that everyone knew except me.

Of course, Anna knew. At this point, Elsa was just messing with me!

Suddenly, a man looking to be in his late forty's entered the room. He had a long and rectangular face with a strong jawline but what was even stronger was his full beard. He must be Rapunzel's Dad. Anna and Elsa's uncle.

"Good evening." I offered a handshake.

"And you. Say, aren't you Fergus' daughter?" he narrowed his deep blue eyes at me, as if studying me.

"Aye, sir." I shrugged.

He clapped his hands together like he's just made a revolutionary discovery, "I'd recognize that accent anywhere!"

Looks like I now know where Elsa got it from.

But where were the Elledneras' parents?

✧・゚: - *✧・゚* :・゚- *:・゚✧

"You know, your father and I used to hate each other." Mr. Cooper—who I soon learned was named Frederic— points at me, holding a fork with a bit of chicken meat stuck on it.

"So, I heard." I smiled, taking a bite of my own plate.

We were now all seated at the dining table. Elsa sat in between Anna and I as Mr. and Mrs. Cooper were opposite us.

Porcelain explained were just at a gathering for the employees of the House of Rainbows to celebrate its tenth-year anniversary or whatever. Hence, our outfits and why Elsa was home earlier than usual. She added that Rapunzel was out on a date with Eugene so they wouldn't question her absence tonight. I went along with everything, of course. She really had it all planned out; it was impressive. 

She must be really used to lying.

"Fergus and I were in constant competition with each other for the 'Teacher of the Month' awards." his eyes were wide, and his mouth was full, "Your dad hated me for being the students' new favorite teacher when I started out." 

"Cocky now, aren't we, Uncle Fred?" Anna laughs in mid-sentence.

"Well, they said it! Not me." 

"How did you even find out that you were the so-called new favorite?" she asks.

"I took home more gifts on Teacher's Day than him." he shrugs casually. The dining room soon erupted in fits of laughter.

I remember Mum and Dad would always come home with chocolates and notes and whatnot during Teachers Day like it was Valentines. Of course, this was greatly beneficial for me, Hamish, Hubert, and Harris, as the chocolates would end up in our stomachs way more than in theirs. The thought of a wee drama existing between the teachers was hilarious to me.