"Where are you?" I say, fear creeping into the back of my head. I get up and start checking the curtains.

"Can you get any more dumb? I am in your head, stupid mortal." It says, and I stop still.

"You don't like that idea do you? You humans, with your sense of privacy and rights."

"Who are you?" I say, sitting down and trying not to panic.

""Oh, now I'm offended. I am someone very important, you just are too stupid to know it yet." It's condescending voice rubs me the wrong way, and I start to get annoyed.

"If this is to stay a civil conversation I suggest you stop insulting me." I snap, and then cover my mouth at my outburst.

"The little one can bite. I applaud your courage, however stupid it is." The voice drawls.

"You never answered my question." I say, and it chuckles.

"I am your worst nightmare, and I can turn your world upside down with a snap of my fingers. But you can call me Bensagare, or in your language Sawbones." I almost snort at the cheesiness.

"And why are you taking your time with me, a mortal?" I say, copying his voice for the last word.

"Don't flatter yourself, I only want one thing from you." A foreboding feeling fills me, and I open my mouth.

"Just shut your mouth, I already know what you are going to ask. Humans are so predictable. No I am not going to tell you, that would make this less fun."

"Are you male?" I ask, speaking without thinking.

"DOES THIS VOICE SOUND FEMININE???" He booms, and I cover my ears.

"Okay, okay, just curious. So not feminine..." I mumble, and I hear him chuckle.

"You are quite a curious human, almost entertaining." This time I do snort.

"Glad to be of service. Now, can you leave so I can get back to my reading? Plus, you are giving me a headache." I say, pain growing behind my eyes.

"Do not sass me, human. I will leave when I wish." He sounds slightly childish and I decide to ignore him. I pick up my book again and try to focus on the page.

"You are quite feisty when annoyed, I see why he likes you." He says, and I tense.

"Oooooh, did that strike a nerve? Yes, you know who I am talking about. I guess you got pulled in by the bad boy, hurt puppy act."

"So?" I say, slightly defensive.

"I must talk with him again, it really has been ages." He says, his voice fading in thought.

"Do you know him?" I ask, my panic rising again.

"You should ask him, I'm sure he would tell you." His voice turns bitter, and my curiosity peaks.

"Were you-"

"SILENCE! All you need to know is I can hurt you and him if I have the slightest whim to. You have something that I want, and while you think you are safe there in the palace you will find yourself highly mistaken. Goodbye Claire, have fun while you can." Silence falls in the library, and suddenly every sound seems to become deadly. Heart pounding, I shoot out of my seat and make my way to the door. Stumbling, I cling to the bookshelves as my world spins and my breathing becomes restricted. My hands shake as they fumble with the door handle, and my vision goes black as I fall onto the floor.

"Miss miss?" I hear a timid voice say, and then everything swirls into a world of pain and darkness. My heart is beating as if it wants to jump out of my chest, and my lungs are desperate for the small amounts of air I manage between gasps. My veins burn as if acid has been poured into them. Images of war and chaos play before my eyes, and a mangled scream tears itself from my lips as I see Loki lying on the floor covered in blood. Then Frigga follows, and Rika, Clint, Pamela, Natasha, even my parents. They play over and over again, burning into my memory.