Chapter 30

!!!Warning, slight graphic content!!!
Also above picture is how I would imagine Claire as anime. I don't know the creator of the picture, but I give them full credit. ❤️❤️

***Claire***

I walk through a field of wheat, golden as the now setting sun. The breeze ruffles my hair and the sun shines. The birds are singing and I hum along with them, happy. Then I stop and listen, noticing a new sound. Humming comes from my left, and I follow the sound. My curiosity heightens when I see a small dirt road, which turns away from the fields. Feeling pressed to find the source of the humming I walk down it, the dirt crumbling against my bare feet. The sky is slowly turning red and the humming is getting louder.

The path turns to an abandoned patch of dirt surrounded by rocks covered in a weird liquid which pools onto the ground. I suddenly feel afraid and I try to turn away from the circle, but my feet continue to walk forward. My heartbeat accelerates and I struggle to turn away from the pool, which gives off a strong rotten scent. My feet step into the liquid and red seeps through my toes and splatters onto my dress. The humming gets louder and louder until my eardrums vibrate and I clap my hands over my ears in an effort to lessen the sound. A shadow falls over me and I look up, only to have a scream lodge itself in my throat.

"Have a problem with blood, pretty girl?" Skuggad says, grinning at me. The blood red sky casts a sharp shadow against him, and I stare in horror at his face. Half of his face is crushed in, and blood seeps out everywhere.

"Death isn't pretty is it? You did this to me, look upon your work of art, oh great Claire of Midgard!" He reaches out and grabs my face with a hand of bone, forcing me to look him in the eyes. I feel myself sinking in the blood, but I am unable to move. My heart races, and the scream in my throat finally burst free.

"Aaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I scream, bolting upright in my bed. My pulse races and I sob. The images of blood and death parade themselves in front of my eyes, refusing to be washed away by my tears. Thunder booms outside and lightning flashes while the wind howls, causing me to feel like a little girl again.

"Claire!! Claire it's alright, I'm here. I'm here." I hear Loki say and I am engulfed in his warm embrace. Slowly I stop sobbing, and the storm has given way to gentle twilight. My energy feels drained and I slump against him, clutching his shoulder. I barely register the feel of his bare skin again my fingers and I just lean against him for support.

"Don't worry, darling. It was just a nightmare, no one is here. No one can hurt you. I won't ever let anyone hurt you again. I promise." He says softly, taking my hand from his shoulder and kissing it. I look up at him, and my eyes mist over.

"I saw him Loki. I saw Sawbones, half dead. His head was crushed and there was so much blood, so much blood..." I trail off, trembling at the horrible images. Ever since the battle I have been plagued by nightmares, every night different but just as horrible.

"Come here," He says laying down on my bed and patting the spot next to him. Laying down, he pulls me close to him and I lay my head on his chest. I hear the steady beat of his heart and I slowly relax, my eyes drooping of their own accord.

"Sleep my darling, I will stay with you." Loki whispers and I hum sleepily. Looking up slowly, I sleepily give him a kiss.

"Thank you." I murmur against his lips and then cuddle into him again, falling asleep quickly.

***Loki***

The thunder roars and lightning strikes rapidly, the rain comes down in torrents against the windows. I sit in a chair in front of the window and watch the rain fall. My hair is mussed from my hands running through it. I do not wish to sleep, as my subconscious is plagued with what could have happened had we not found Claire in time. The rain howls and then I hear a new sound. Claire's scream echos throughout the halls and I teleport to her room immediately. The sight I see breaks my heart, causing me to rush to her side.