Chapter 12: THE INTERHIGH TOURNAMENT

Start from the beginning

Kiyoko: Cut that out.

I checked their heads really quick. "NO BUMP, WE'RE CLEAR." And with that, we kept walking as Tanka and Noya obsessed over the fact that Kiyoko had hit them. After a nasty run in with Date- Tech, Daichi had the opportunity to reunite with an old friend. Asahi began giving Hinata some tips on how to manage anxiety, which kinda worked. Kiyoko and I were setting up the banner at the school's cheering center when two hands were placed over my eyes.

??: "Guess who?"

He whispered in my ear. But I knew that voice and I could smell that cologne from a mile away. "Kuroo-senpai". I turned around, wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my face in his chest. I felt the vibrations of his laugh as I reluctantly pulled away. "Kiyoko, you remember Kuroo- senpai right?" Kiyoko raised an eyebrow and smirked.

Kiyoko: I do. It's nice to see you again.

Kuroo: And you as well.

Oh my gosh. He's so respectful. How did I get this lucky? *sighs while staring at him*

Kuroo: You okay there babe?

I was about to respond when I looked down and saw that the boys were already warming up. "Oh my gosh we have to go." I was about to run off when Kuroo pulled on the back of my jacket to stop me. "I almost choked and DIED. This better be good." Kuroo leaned and kissed my cheek.

Kuroo: *smirks* Good luck out there Princess, I'm sure you'll do amazing. Kiyoko, I'm sure you need to be off as well so good luck.

Kuroo took his seat in the front row as Kiyoko and I ran to the court.

Kiyoko: Babe???? Princess???

I skidded to a stop and scratched the back of my head "Oh, yea we're kinda dating."

Kiyoko: That's so great, Congratulations. He seems nice enough.

I smiled and looked down, suddenly unable to hold eye contact. "He is."

Kiyoko: Are you going to tell the boys?

"I wanted to wait. This is their day, it's not fair of me to steal the spotlight."

Kiyoko: I'm sure as long as he makes you, the boys will be happy.

"I want to tell them, but part of me also wants to wait until Nekoma and us are together again. This way it'll be one big announcement, you know?"'

Kiyoko: That sounds like a great idea. Now let's go before they hurt themselves.

The first set started off without a hitch. The other team served the ball. Asahi received the ball, sent it to Tobi, Tobi to Tanaka, and Tanaka STRAIGHT THROUGH BABY! POINT ONE FOR US! Everyone was screaming so loud that the ref had given us an official warning. Those are my boys *wipes tear*. The second point came right after the first when Ashai did what an ace does and bust down their wall. At this point, our little cinnamon roll was getting all ansty, but that didn't last very long, because the third point belonged to him and that quick attack. The game ended with us winning two straight sets. The final score, 25-12 and 25-14! After the game ended the boys went to the cafeteria to eat lunch and rest up before their next match. I texted Kuroo and when he was by the door I sprinted up to him and hugged him. I walked him over to the table and said "Surprise, guess who came to visit."

Kuroo: Hey, great job out there guys.

D: Thanks for coming out today. We really appreciate it and not to seem ungrateful, but aren't you a long way from home.

N: YEA AND WHAT IS YOUR HAND DOING OVER OUR MEDICS SHOULDERS?

Kuroo: Well it's cause we're

"FRIENDS. WE'RE GOOD FRIENDS"