Chapter 14: Father

How could you leave? I do not understand how one can do it. How can you abuse it? How can one continuously tear another down? How could you hit someone you love? Why do you always tear them down if you love them?

One day, they will realize. They will know they don't want you anymore. They will realize enough is enough. One day, they will know their worth. They deserve the world. They deserve way better than you.

They will continue to pray. They will pray every night for your peace. They want nothing more than for you to find happiness, faith, and relief. They are stronger. They are beautiful.

They often feel guilty when they shouldn't. They always think that the person might have changed, or is trying to. After 13 years of being abused, though, are they truly capable of change? Hope so.

They get torn down for not forgiving. Yet, they do forgive. They forgave four months after the incident. Forgiveness is not forgetting. People need to learn the difference. Their forgiveness is with God, not publicly like you want.

They still struggle. They always cry at night over their fears. What if they aren't good enough? What if they come back? What if my past life is too much for a partner? But it isn't. They aren't coming back, and the right person will understand. They will love you, anyways.

Mostly, they are healthy. They do not let it show how they feel but rather hide it. They do not speak publicly or draw attention to the subject. They hide it, even when they shouldn't. They should make it known.

They are survivors, and I'm so proud of them.

I am a survivor, and I'm so proud of myself.