useless traveller

Start from the beginning

"Wot'?" He asked, arching an eyebrow, suspicious of what I was going to say.

"I mean- nude ultra-matte lipstick! Murdoc doesn't want to believe me that I'm from the future 'cause I can't tell him where matte lipstick is available. Haha." I chuckled awkwardly, damn that was a quick escape.

"Murdoc put lipstick on? I knew there was something wrong when his lips get..eck dry...urgh." he shook his head in disgust. Trying to remove the god awful memory.

"Yeah, yeah definitely." I agreed, 'cause I can't let myself die.

"Uh, Y/n wha' do yew mean by 'can't go home'? Can't yew fly over there?" He asked.

I sighed and deprived my eyes off him, "I can't go home literally. Because this isn't my world. This is yours and if I'm gonna meet my past self here, I'll die. That's the second rule of transporting to other dimensions, 'Never ever meet yourself'" I quoted.

"Wot's the first one?" He asked.

"Don't tell the future to a past being."

"But yew-"

"Yes, I did and if I'm gonna do it again my existence would disappear forever." I sighed. "I just got so excited about being here that I forgot about the laws and consequences to watch out."

I draw imaginary circles on the carpeted floor and felt the need to cry again. But why would I cry if the real world is actually being a bitch to me, I don't have contacts to my family anymore 'cause they probably hate me for depriving and being against their rules.

We got silent, the sound of waves and the rays of the sun seemed to have calmed me down.

"Alright' let meh show yew somefink." He stood up and reached out for my hand.

I gladly took it as he leads me inside their recording studio. He pulled a chair for me to sit down which is in front of the isolation room, I glance at him as he entered there.

"Uh, I want yew to l-listen to this. Judge it if you may," he talked through the microphone. He put on his headphones. He had trouble setting up as a lot of papers were piled already on the sheet music holder.

"Do you need some help?" I asked getting concerned.

"N-no! I'm fine, I got it." He quickly dismissed. "Eeeer, can you press that 'green button' on your left?"

I nodded and put on the headphones. And press play.

The guitar started and from the chords of it, I knew exactly what is it.

"Someone's featuring in this song, but Murdoc hasn't found one yet." He explained.

Then he started singing.

'Waiting by the mailbox, by the train
Passin' by the hills 'til I hear the name'

I never heard 2d singing Little Dragon's part in the Plastic beach album. But this- this is some part that I missed in my life.

I'm looking for a saw to cut these chains in half and all I want is
Someone to rely on as
Thunder comes a rolling down
Someone to rely on as
Lightning comes to a staring in again'

I closed my eyes and began to hum the song. Adding the extra drums that Murdoc hasn't put in.

Because Russel...Russel's not back yet. But he will.

But then he stopped singing, I opened my eyes. I look at him scratching the back of his head, his eyes scanning through the paper. "Why'd you stop? It was right." I said.