Apologia

I stand there in the entrance to an extravagant hall. It is familiar to me. I Shiver, looking around. I hear Snape telling me to follow him, and I nod. he leads me to what looks like a dining room, dark, amused faces wrapped around the table. I keep my face impassive.

"Miss Selvin." I hear, the sinister sound coming from the right somewhere. I don't turn. I don't look.

"Yes?" I respond, sounding bored.

"How are our friends...the ah, golden trio is is?" he questions, and I scoff.

"they're just fine, thank you for the concern." I say coldly, and Draco is staring at me intensely, his silver eyes not leaving my face. I can see him swallow thickly, slowly, and I turn to face my questioner.

"is that so, Miss Selvin?"

"yes." I say simply. "look, I don't really understand why I'm here. I don't want to be here, and I sure as fuck have no intention of helping you." I say simply, and I see Draco cringe.

"Scarlett, Darling. Don't speak with him like that." I hear from behind me, and my face contorts.

"do not speak to me." I say darkly. "Do not say my name. Do not call me darling. Look, there are only two people in this room that I care for and respect. The rest of you have no fucking right. I am not one of you. I will not become one of you. I have every intention of destroying you all." I say, my voice coming out shaky and angry.

I swallow thickly, clenching my fists. "you are monsters. All of you. And I have long since learned that when you play with monsters, you walk away with demons." my voice grows cold.

"Scarlett, dear-"

"you are not my family. You're a traitor. You told them where we were, didn't you." I accuse lowly, my eyes narrowing. "we were hiding in New York. You told them where we were. You told them that we were there. And they killed him. You're a traitor, and I will never consider you my family. Never again." I say, my voice increasing until I'm screaming at the gorgeous woman across from me. She looks like a porcelain doll.

"Now, young lady, that is no way to speak to your mother." she scolds

"silencio!" the word is bold, my wand pointed straight at her.

The entire room grows quiet, everyone's eyes settled on me.

"I don't quite understand why she's the traitor. Your daddy deserved what he got. He was so wonderfully lifeless on your floor. I knew you were there. I could feel it. Made it all the better." The woman in the corner said, a dark, manic tint to her eyes.

I can feel my face contorting, turning quickly, my movements speedy and concise.

"Avada Keda-"

"expelliarmus!"

My wand is gone, Draco casting it aside. "Scarlett, stop." he said seriously. "Come here." I know that his words are not requests. He means for me to come to him. I let out a shaky breath, tearing my gaze away from the murderous bitch.

I stare at him. "give me my wand." is all that I say, and he shakes his head. "Come here." he said seriously, repeating the words crisply.

I squeeze my eyes shut before opening them and walking over to him. He hugs me to his chest, and I have never felt more uncomfortable. An entire room of deatheaters with gazes set on me.

"So this is the infamous Scarlett Selvin." I hear from a smooth voice beside me. I look over, and there is no doubt. It is Draco's father, same icy blond hair, silver eyes and sharp features.

"And I expected her to join us easily. She has so many connections with our group. Her boyfriend and her parents. Such a shame, a waste really. Come, girl. Come let me have a look at you." I look up at Draco, pleading him with my eyes. I do not want him to give me up to the dark lord.