Dancing with Midnight {Draco Malfoy} sequel

A/N

I have entered DWM in the 2015 Watty Awards, please recommend my story to friends and make sure to vote, read and comment :)

THE MORE LOVE YOU SHOW, THE SOONER I'LL UPDATE!!!

this is the sequel to "if looks could kill" long awaited! Here you guys go, I love you, my precious little ones. This is for you.

And LET US ALL HAVE A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR INSANUIMARTISAN FOR CREATING THE BEAUTIFUL COVER OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU SO SOMUCH, YOU'RE THE BEST.

I'm also going to warn you that the end of this chapter may be slightly triggering. This is not how I expected this to happen but....it just sort of did.

I know, it's darker than anything from book one, and I promise at some point it will get better.

This is a story about recovering things that have been lost. It's a tale of finding that spark and that love that may have been lost. It's a story about a sad young woman who is ultimately strong and amazing. This is the second and maybe last installment of the If Looks Could Kill series, and I truly hope that you all love and cherish this the same way that I do.

So here we are, thank you for coming on this journey with me:

Dancing with midnight chapter numero uno.

LET'S GO

There were hushed whispers throughout the halls as everyone stared, mouths dropped open in silent uneasiness. "is that Scarlett Selvin?"I heard it frequently. "wait, I thought she was dead, killed herself or some shit."

Alright sure, I kind of faked my death, well, woopty-fucking-do, get over it. I strode down the hall, glaring at random people occasionally. I knew what they were all thinking. 'what the hell happened to her? A year ago, she was slytherin's golden girl, the one that /everyone/ wanted to be.' well, that's not me anymore.

My hair was a deep shade of red, starkly contrasting with my pale skin. I had a nose ring, and my arms were lined with different tattoos. I had a new, even more present, 'don't mess with me or I'll kick your ass' attitude, and I was back. I shook my head slowly, sighing. "god, if they don't stop staring, I'll hex someone. I don't even care." I mumbled annoyedly to myself.

I looked over to a friend that I had met that summer, and I went to sit by her. "hey." she said smoothly, her raven hair falling to frame her perfect face. I nodded, keeping silent for a moment. "hey, how are you?" I asked almost boredly. She shrugged in response. "I'm fine. I don't want to be here."

I left it at that, looking around the great hall, meeting nervous gazes and rolling my icy blue eyes. You might be thinking some stupid things right now. 'what happened to Scarlett? Why is she acting this way? What the hell has she done to her body...oh god, those tattoos etc. Etc."

They're good questions; I'll give you that. they're also completely irrelevant. I have gone through too fucking much this past year. My head hurts, and my palms are sweaty, and underneath my dark, angry, who gives a shit exterior, im still Scarlett Selvin. It's just a lot harder now a days.

After a while, I made eye contact with a familiar face, and I smirked a bit. Kailey waved, her cheeks flaring red. She moved closer, sitting on my other side. "hello, Scarlett." she said quietly, giving me a once over.

She looked just as sweet as ever, pushing her brown hair behind her ears. She looked around the room as well, smiling a bit. "hello, Kailey." I replied, speaking leisurely with her about how her summer had gone. She had gone to Australia with her aunt, and she had studied a lot and all of the other boring Kailey stuff. It was nice to see her. I briefly wondered whether or not her happy soul was evanescent.