35

Sitting through a whole meeting about the summer training camp was a daunting task in and of itself. Doing it while having a hellish hangover was even worse. I had no idea why I put myself through that. The only comfort for me was that Midnight was feeling as bad as I did, if not worse.

I literally did not get a single word of the meeting. It was mostly about class 1-A and how they were in danger from the League of Villains and there'd need to be extra security measures.

Half of it I didn't understand and I didn't listen properly to the other half, because around 10 minutes into the meeting, my painkillers started wearing off. I started feeling sick to my stomach and any noise just made me feel like I was about to collapse right there in front of the whole U.A. staff.

I think at some point I heard my name, but I just smiled and nodded. Hopefully it wasn't anything important. I could always ask Shouta about it later. He probably listened and took notes and whatever. After all, it was his class that kinda was the most trouble in connection with that training camp.

"Are you alright? You look terrible, girl." I heard Midnight say, as we all made our way out of the meeting room.

"I probably feel twice as bad as I look. Why did you take me out drinking in the middle of the week?"

"Hey, you went wild on the drink. You had two or three shots in you, before I even noticed you started drinking." Midnight said. She was probably right. I remembered something like that, but it was foggy as hell.

"How are you holding up?" I wanted to know, hoping she would feel just as bad. She gave me a tortured smile.

"I don't think you can call it holding up." she answered.

"Fuck. Can't wait until the term is over so we can all finally get some rest and enjoy life." I mumbled. Midnight grinned and gave me a surprised look.

"Well, you won't get much enjoyment from your summer. Not as much as I will, at least." she said.

"What? Why not?"

Midnight looked at me as if she wasn't sure if I was pretending to be dumb or if I really didn't get what she meant. I was at a loss. Did I miss anything during the meeting? (Except the entire meeting...)

"Because you're going to the training camp...?"

"I... What?"

"Oh come on, Akane, you literally just agreed to that in the meeting! How do you live with Shouta fucking Aizawa and are such a mess? How has he not kicked you out yet?" Nemuri said laughing. I was completely perplexed. The hell did she mean I agreed to going to the training camp?

"I... I don't know. I guess, he likes me or something..." I mumbled. Nemuri started laughing even more.

"Anyone could see that he likes you, sweetheart." she commented. I blushed a little when she said that.

"Not like that. As friends." I protested. She gave me a belligerent smile.

"Uh-huh. Sure. Akane, I don't think you understand. Hizashi is Shouta's best friend. Has been since high school. If Hizashi was to turn up at Shouta's door, shitfaced, at 3 am, he'd let him sleep in the hallway. He took you inside and made sure you were okay. I bet he even let you sleep in the bed." Nemuri explained, while I was slowly blushing more, the more I tried not to be embarrassed.

"Okay, whatever. What was that thing about the training camp? I just heard my name once and I had no idea what was going on, so I just nodded. I was too distracted by this massive hangover. I literally didn't hear a single word that was spoken in the meeting." I told her. Nemuri sighed.