A Typical Day

5:10 A.M.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Julianne groaned, her arm blindly flopping around to the stupid alarm clock.

"Shut uppppp!" She grumbled, hitting the broken snooze button over and over, before giving up and yanking the plug out of the socket.

But she had lost her last few minutes of sleep to the air and she yawned, before peeling herself away from her small single bed and scratchy covers. She dragged herself to the bathroom to freshen up, rubbing at her eyes and stretching violently. 

When she managed to drag herself back out, she stared at her ratty, dark hair in the mirror and began untangling the knots and tying it up in a french braid, somewhat in the mood to not look homeless.

Julianne heard the screeching from downstairs, and quickly yanked on her school uniform. Red plaid and pleated skirt and tie, white collared shirt, white blazer with the school emblem on it. She grabbed her denim backpack and hurried out her tiny room. (UNIFORM SHOWN BELOW)

She didn't go to Gotham Academy like the other kids in the foster house she lived in

She didn't go to Gotham Academy like the other kids in the foster house she lived in. Julianne went to Midtown Hall of Science and Technology after scoring a full paid scholarship in  engineering, so she had to get up early and catch the subway to get to school on time.

On her way out in the hall, Julianne passed her little foster brother Greg.

"Hey Greggy." She ruffled his hair as he yawned. 

Julianne hurried to the breakfast bar, grabbed three apples and a granola bar and stuffed it in her bag.  She quickly did all her morning chores, unwilling to get screeched at and harassed by Mrs. Whitman, her foster mom, before racing out the door at 7.

She texted her best friend Bo Wilkers as she walked to the subway station. Bo was a sweet and likable boy, even if he was a little round, and he was the person Julianne could always nerd out with. He loved LEGOs and superheroes, and well, Gotham was full of 'em.

BO🤪: Hey Jules, wya?

JULIANNE: Around the corner, dude. 

She shut off her phone as she tapped her metrocard, before peeking around the corner to see Bo, waiting for her and the train on a black bench.

"Dude! You won't believe what I saw last night!" Bo smiled widely as they did their little handshake. It was dorky, but Julianne liked doing it. It was one thing that was solely theirs.

"What?" Jules dragged Bo onto the westbound train as it arrived, before taking two seats by the window.

"I saw Switchblade! She gave me a wave and her signature flip!"

"She flipped you off?" Julianne smiled to herself.

"No! She did a cool backflip as she left just for me!" Bo squealed, fanboying loudly. The other passengers stared at the two kids in red and white uniforms, quite annoyed, before Julianne elbowed Bo and told him to keep it down.