Truth Revealed

The others' heads drooped with both fatigue and boredom as they all sat around the breakfast island, drinking coffee and munching on little cookies.

They were still waiting for Tim to return with their coveted Julianne Cress so she could cheer them up. Bruce still had a lot of work to do- like interrogating Taurus- who was currently at Arkham, and creating an antidote for the newest Scarecrow fear toxin.

"Pfft, what's taking him so long?"

"Maybe he's finally making a move on her." Jason lazily replied, earning a glare from Bruce.

"Maybe she's sleeping."

Suddenly, they heard a scream. 

Loud and piercing, one laced with horror and panic.

Immediately everyone snapped back to attention, Jason grabbing his guns and Dick grabbing his escrima sticks, and they raced to see where it came from. Alfred hurried to the cave to see who broke in through the cams, and also to make sure Damian was alright.

Bruce spotted Tim first, ramming his shoulder into Jules' door.

"What the hell's going on?!" Dick asked, firing up his taser sticks.

"There's blood leaking out from her room," Jason's eyes widened was he noted it faintly, his guns at the ready, and Tim just rammed into the door again, kicking it down.

Immediately Bruce and Tim raced into the room, just hoping that all that blood wasn't Jules'.

Unfortunately, they were to be disappointed.

Bruce stared at her in a trance, eyes widening as he saw her on the floor, laying in a growing puddle of crimson. Her body was mangled and her hair was matted down with blood. She seemed to be covered in bruises, bits of shrapnel stuck in her burned back under her shirt, and her breathing was harsh and ragged. 

The fact she was barely conscious and not dead just snapped Bruce out of it.

"GO! GO!" Bruce shouted, scooping Jules up as Tim scrambled to tell Alfred. Her body was limp against Bruce's as he carried her and sprinted to the Cave. 

Dick panicked, and Jason immediately went off to find the intruder who did this to their Jules, scanning the room, ready to pump his ass full of lead.

Bruce was in the elevator to the Cave when she mumbled incoherently to him.

"I-I'm o-o-okay."

"No you're not, Jules! I- I've got you. Just, stay with me Jules." Bruce breathed in reply, panicking at how shallow her breathing had become.

"M-Mr. Wayne, p-please. P-Please d-don't h-hurt m-me..."

Bruce was confused, looking down at the girl, whose amber eyes fluttered shut. He'd never hurt her, what was she saying?

"Jules! Jules! Stay awake, goddammit!"

The elevator doors opened and immediately Alfred raced to them.

"Dear God," He gasped, looking at Jules' condition. "There's not enough time for a hospital..." 

Bruce gently set the girl down on a cot, looking down at his blood-stained shirt as Alfred and Tim raced to save her.

A heart monitor and a IV drip was attached to her, and Bruce got out of the way, watching as they frantically worked away at her.

How did this happen to her? 

****************************************************************

Damian sat upright in his bed, eyebrows furrowed.  "Is Cress going to be okay?"