XXI. HEADING TO LAND

Start from the beginning

"Why would he do this to us?" Will asked now turning to the crew, "If Jacks the chief?"

"Aye, the Pelegostos made Jack their chief, but he only remains chief as long as he acts like a chief," Gibbs explained.

"So he had no choice, he's a captive as much as the rest of us,"

"Worse," Gibbs said, "As it turns out. See the Pelegostos believe that Jack is a god in human form and they intend to do him the honour of releasing him from his fleshy prison,"

"Basically, we need to get out of here rescuing us and him in the process," Delphine said to Will, hoping he'd be able to come with a plan, if the crew had come up with one already they wouldn't still be where they were.

"She's right, they'll roast him and eat him," Gibbs explained further to Will.

"Where are the rest of the crew?" Will asked, seeing that not all of the crew were in the cage.

"These cages weren't built until after we got here," Gibbs said, causing Will to pull a face and move his hands. "The feast is about to begin. Jacks life will end when the drums stop,"

"Well Delphine's right, we can't just sit here and wait then, can we?" Will said, looking to Delphine with a reassuring smile.

***

They all used all of their weight to try and get to cage to the side of the ravine, swinging back and forth, their hands stretched out as far as possible, trying to get a sturdy grip on the vines and branches.

"Put your legs through, start to climb," Gibbs yelled when the finally achieved their goal, the cage next to them also achieving it.

"Come on, it'll take all of us to crew the Black Pearl," Will yelled, as everyone pulled the vines and cloned the rock.

"Actually, you wouldn't need everyone." Someone from the other cage yelled back, "About six will do,"

Everyone looked at each other in realisation, whoever got there first would have an extreme advantage. As they all sped up, Delphine struggled to keep up, but knew she needed to as she didn't intend on getting stuck on the island of cannibals. The crew all shouted at each other, in terms of support and annoyance as they continued to scale the ravine.

"Wait stop," Will said, pointing out one of the Pelegostos walking across the bridge, "Stop," He whisper yelled to the other caged crew who looked around onto to continue walking up the ravine, thinking this was their chance.

"What are they doing?" Delphine hissed, "Stop,"

They didn't listen and continued to climb, that was until one of them grabbed a snake, startling them all and causing them to lose a hold on the vines of the ravine, and for their cage to fall.

They started screaming as the fell and only continued as the rope snapped and they hurtled to the bottom of the ravine. Their screams gained the attention of the lone Pelegostos.

"Move!" Will yelled and they did, making their way up the rock as fast as they possibly could, now they had been noticed scaring them all.

"Cut it loose, find a rock," Will yelled when they finally came over the cliff, they were all hasty knowing the Pelegostos had likely told everyone else.

When all the tribe came running towards them Delphine yelled, "Roll the cage,"

They rolled the cage and eventually fell down a hill, giving the cage enough momentum to move on its own, roughly sending them down the hill. They hit a tree, causing them to stop as they lay on the ground the yells of the Pelegostos tribe could be heard.

"Lift the cage," Will said,

"Come on lads, lift it like a ladies skirt," Gibbs added, causing Delphine to scoff and give him a light hit before picking up the cage just like the rest of them and running from the cannibal tribe.

They ran through the trees and the shrubs until once again they ended up falling, this time into a ravine with water at the bottom. The impact caused the cage to break and the crew all surfaced the water, swimming and trying to avoid the spears and arrows the tribe were shooting.

"Take cover," Will said, pulling Delphine behind him as the rest of crew rested their backs upon a rock, waiting for the tribe to shoot.

A yelling voice came, gaining the attention of the tribe and causing them to run off leaving the crew alive and free, much to their surprise and confusion.

They managed to find their way out of the water and ran to the Black Pearl, all of them eager to get off the damn island.

"Excellent, our works half done," Gibbs yelled as they reached the Black Pearl, "Make ready you sail boys,"

"What about Jack?" Delphine yelled, Will nodding in agreement.

"I won't leave without him," Will added, Delphine smiled.

"Oi," A voice yelled, Delphine easily recognised it as Jacks and turned to see where he was, she wasn't expecting to see the whole Pelegostos tribe running after him, her smile faded as she ushered people onto the Black Pearl, so they'd be ready to sail as soon as Jack was on board with the rest of them.