The Night of the Closing Ceremony: Humanity's Comeback, Part 2

"In the year 845, two terrifying new breeds of Titan appeared, the Colossal and the Armored, barrelling through the outer walls as if wholesale destruction was child's play. But then, two newcomers have appeared. The Empire. They have sent ships and Stormtroopers to kill and destroy anything that gets in there way, but just then, a big green rage monster known as, The Hulk. He help people escape Wall Maria, including his family. Until that day, he left his family and home behind. In blood and thunder, our way of life ended. The Titans fed their hunger for human flesh unchecked. The territory couched within the circle of Wall Maria was abandoned. Twenty percent of the human race perished and one-third of our territory was lost. As the Titan onslaught advanced, our only choice was to withdraw behind Wall Rose.""

850

2 years after joining the Cadets

In was pouring where the cadets were training. All of them had to carry weighted backpacks in the rain and had to walk through the forest.

"Pick up the pace, you lead heeled laggards!" yelled Keith riding his horse.

He looks at the cadets walking, and backs up to see Armin falling behind.

"Your boots waterlogged, Arlelt?" asked Keith. "Let's see some hustle! Gear too heavy for you, son? Hell, drop it! Leave it in the mud! The Titan's will have an easier work digesting you without all the excess baggage!"

"Dammit," panted Armin.

"Seriously?" said Reiner taking Armin's backpack. "Here, focus on staying upright. We're being grading on this you know?"

"Thanks, but won't they demerit your grade for helping?" asked Armin.

"Yeah if they find out," replied Reiner. "Just make the cut and we're even."

Armin tried to keep up with Reiner as Keith looked back.

"Reiner Braun. The mind and constitution of a grass-fed ox. Respected by his comrades."

Reiner started to pick speed, as Armin stayed behind.

"I'm no one's burden, you hear me?" said Armin.

He caught up to Reiner and grabbed his backpack and sent in front of the other cadets.