• Knock Knock! Who's there? •

Walking down the long beige halls , Hyunmi had her mind stuck to the one thing that had surfaced itself in front of her yet again.

She found herself standing infront of the conference hall with her hand on the knob of the door.

Her anxiety...worst of all her fear was something she wasn't sure she could hide well from the people who sat at the other side of the door. Taking a deep breath, she turned the knob as she entered.

"Love."

"Good morning Jeon." She said curtly nodding as she took her seat a little away from him.
For safety.

"We have a lot to talk about." He said making Hyunmi wince in her seat as she could feel the daggers slashing out at her from his gaze.

Averting eyes from him , her dark orbs settled on a calm figure who was watching her with an impatient patience. His narrowed eyes on her tiny figure was enough for her to squirm uncomfortably on her seat.

The meeting commenced as the parties put up agendas for the project.

Jungkook watched Hyunmi's actions as if trying to catch on to a tiny speck of irregularity to lash out on her.

Suddenly the door of the room burst open with a panting Stacy who bowed at all the delegates before making her way to her boss.

She leaned in as she whispered something into her ear making Hyunmi stiffen.

Hyunmi nervously clutched onto her phone , squeezing the life out of it.

Jungkook and Taehyung exchanged glances.

Suddenly Hyunmi stood up sending the chair flying backwards.

"I apologise but I will have to bail out. Excuse me." She said as she scurried her way out.

Jungkook stood up as he marched out right away followed by Taehyung.

As soon as they made their way up to her cabin, they were stopped by Stacy.

"I am sorry sir. But ma'am has strictly prohibited any entry till she comes out."

She said flailing her arms out in an attempt of obstructing the path of the two bulky men in front of her.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?" Jungkook roared making her flinch.

"Get out of the way. We need to get inside. What is wrong with her?" Taehyung said as he stepped forward.

"I am extremely sorry but I cannot allow you two to get inside without ma'am's permission." She whimpered.

She was doing her best to hold the fort here while the two men were not helping in any way.

Soon the door opened as a lady stepped out. Her make up laden face immediately moulding into a dramatic smirk looking at the audience in front of her.

"Mr. Jeon. Mr. Kim. A pleasure to see you both in person. As much as I would have loved to stay back and converse, I have matters to take care of. I will leave."

The lady clicked away on her sky high heels leaving the door ajar allowing them to take a glimpse of a defeated Hyunmi clutching her head with her palms.

Jungkook burst in as he charged at Hyunmi.

"Will you tell me what the heck is going on?" He asked with gritted teeth.

She looked up , her eyes deep dark black holes that gave away nothing but dead end.

Jungkook took hold of her by her shoulders lifting her up from the seat making her look at him.

"Kang Hyunmi. For the love of all things..I am asking you for the very last time. What is going on?" He said with a low tone exuberating a sense of calm yet danger.

As if someone flipped a switch, the defeated Hyunmi suddenly tore her herself away from him as she slid her hands on her desk making everything on it fall to one side with a clash.

Both Jungkook and Taehyung jumped back at the sudden commotion.

Taehyung dashed to her as he tried to hold her back from destroying her whole office. She was beating and writhing out on him. Screaming to let go.

Jungkook just watched in pure horror as she screamed with her eyes tearing up making her a mess.

He wanted to run up to her and stop her. But seeing her in such a violent and vulnerable condition , rooted him to the floor.

Taehyung grabbed her waist as she thrashed at anything that came in her vicinity.

"Shhh..Hyun..shh..everything is fine. Everything is good. Calm down. No one is going to hurt you. Everything is ok." He whispered soothing words to her to make her violent pandemonium stop.

Soon enough, she stopped struggling and thrashing as she fell limp in his arms.

"Hyun?..Hyun!"

Jungkook woke up from his reverie when he realised that the chaos around him had silenced and Hyunmi had fainted in Taehyung's arms. He lunged forward as he kneeled down near her messed up form.

"Love? Love wake up!" He said tear eyed as he lightly patted her tear soaked cheek.

Taehyung lifted her up in his arms as they scurried out and into Jungkook's car.

"Miss Kang is fine for now Mr. Jeon. She had a panic attack. This can be triggered due to certain emotions or circumstances that affect her mental state. Has she experienced something like this before?" The doctor asked.

"No.." Jungkook trailed off.

The doctor advised him to stay near her and keep her mind off the things that depress her or trigger the sudden attacks.
But the problem was that he didn't know. He didn't know what triggered the panic attack in the first place. How was he going to protect her?

Jungkook tugged on his hair , clearly frustrated at this sudden fill in the blanks situation.

What is it that I don't know?

Why was she so upset?

Who was that woman?

Wait...

That woman.

"Kook?" Taehyung shook Jungkook for the second time trying to get his attention.

"How is she?"

"She is sleeping. I don't get it. What happened?" Taehyung asked as they sat down on the couch.

Only if I knew.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook looked up finding the person walking into his house as if he had sensed the danger they were in.

"Hoseok!"

"She looks so tired." Hoseok said as he caressed Hyunmi's cheek lightly.

Jungkook and Taehyung watched the man as he stood up and faced him.

He could see the determination in both of their eyes to find out the reason behind the sudden turn of episode.

"I think it's time you both know. Although Hyunmi won't like it. But keeping it from the most important people in her life has proven it to be dangerous for her." He said as his gaze went back to the limp figure on the bed.

                                        ***