"As an Alpha, I have the ability to heal my mate to an extent using my saliva. When my tongue touched the mark, the skin in that small area pulled tautly and the mark disappeared."

"It did?!" 

Sure enough, the small circle of skin was smooth and scarless. The little patch of skin was smooth and felt new.

"Can you heal the rest of it?"

"I can, but I want you to know something. Even if I were human and didn't have the ability to heal you, I would still think you're beautiful. Every single part of you is gorgeous and you should feel proud to be you."

I bite my lip to keep the tears at bay. Shiloh really was something else...

"Can you... heal my womb... or where it used to be?"

"I can't regrow body parts with my ability. If the surgeon took out your eggs then I won't be able to help you. I'm so sorry that I can't give you back your womb. I would if I could, I promise."

"It... it's okay. Are you sure... that you can't do anything about my womb?"

Shiloh sighs sadly, rubbing over my stomach with his calloused hands.

"My dad Rayne's womb was removed after I was born. There were... complications and it had to be taken out in emergency surgery. My Fa tried everything to give my dad the ability to have children again. Everything. Like me, my dad wanted a life filled with many children. I grew up watching my dad cry over failed treatments and surrogacies. The eggs that the doctors managed to salvage and freeze from the surgery did not take. They tried until every last egg was used. It's why there's only me and my two brothers. There was never a successful pregnancy. I don't want you to go through the pain that my dad went through even if there was a way to repair the damage that was caused."

Shiloh kisses my skin, rubbing his hands along my sides. His sad eyes gazing up at me through his lashes. I press my hand against his cheek, half-smiling to reassure him.

"Thank you for taking my feelings into consideration. And I had no idea that Rayne went through that pain."

Shiloh turns his head, kissing my wrist softly.

"Do you want me to heal you now?"

I nod, laying my head back onto the pillows. I feel Shiloh's tongue on my skin, the tingling sensation on my body growing more intense as it heals. It becomes uncomfortable as my skin pulls extremely tight.

I wasn't used to my skin being this tight and flat. But reaching down and feeling the smooth skin sent an overwhelming wave of emotions over me.

"It feels like the way it did before I got pregnant," I murmur, not being able to pull my hands away from my stomach.

"Take a look," Shiloh says, climbing next to me and pressing a kiss to both of my closed eyelids. My eyes open and I hold onto Shiloh's hand as he leads me to the floor-length mirror.

I gasp as I see my naked body. I was already very thin, but the sagging stretched skin of my stomach always made me look bigger and uglier. Seeing my stomach so small and... flawless, brought tears to my eyes.