29. "Happy birthday"

[okay pretend shes not holding a dog in the photo <3]

Evie awoke with a spring in her step, today she was turning sixteen. "Good morning!" Ej called, walking into her room. "Morning" she smiled, putting her phone down as it continued to buzz. "Happy birthday" he smiled, giving her a hug as she stood up. "Evie! Come down!" their mom called. "Coming" Evie grinned, picking up her phone and running down after ej. When it came to her birthday and Christmas, she was still a child at heart.

"I can't believe my baby girl is 16!" her mom exclaimed. Evie gave her a sweet smile and hugged her tight. They then walked into the front room and evie gasped. The room had loads of pink and rose gold balloons, including a big sixteen. "Presents" her mom singsonged. Evie opened them, thanking her mom after each one. she had received the usual, clothes, makeup, stationary etc. 

She thought she was done until Ej handed her a box. She gave him a look but he just told her to open it. Inside was a silver necklace, with a music note charm. "Aww, thank you! It gorgeous" she smiled, wrapping her arms around him.

 "Now for one last present" her mom pulled a box from behind her. "This is too much!" Evie smiled, she didn't like being spoiled, but she was grateful for everything she received. "It's your 16 eves, we are allowed to spoil you, now open" She said, ej slipping away without evie noticing. Inside the box was a charm bracelet, each charm representing something she loved. "Thank you so much" Evie smiled, honestly, she really didn't think she deserved this. "you're welcome, now go up to your room" her mom smiled pushing her up slightly.

"What? What have you down?" she asked, wearily going up the stairs. "Nothing, it's nice" her mom laughed. "It's ej" Evie reminds her. "Doing what I told him" her mom smiled, waiting for Evie to open the door. Hesitantly she did, and sat on her bed was something she had wanted for ages. A small, fully, grey kitten. It rolled over without a care in the world. "Oh my" evie smiled, walking over and sitting down next to it. It immediately rubbed against her leg and rested its head on her knee. "Aww" she cooed. "Whats it's name?" Ej asked. Evie looked at it, thinking. "It's a girl right?" she asked, looking at her mom. "She is" she nods. "Daisy" Evie smiled, rubbing its stomach with a grin on her face. "Thank you so much"

Evie got herself dressed, wearing a white dress, and curled her hair to leave loose. She wore some plain white trainers and her necklace and bracelet she had received from her mom and ej. She just laid on her bed, playing with daisy when a knock came at her door. 

"Come in?" she asked, it was rare that her mom and ej would knock. "Happy birthday gorgeous!" Jay smiled, wrapping his arms around her. "My mom let you in?" she asked, hugging him back. "She did, but I have to be quick" He smiled, sitting down and not seeing the cat. 

"Look" she held her kitten up, smiling, "My new baby." Jay smiled, stroking her softly. "what's her name?" He asks. "Daisy" evie cooed, putting her down on her lap. "Birthday present?" Jay questions. "Obviously" Evie rolls her eyes. "Speaking of presents" he hands her a box. "I told you all I didn't want presents" she whines, holding it in her hands. "And what kind of a boyfriend would I be if I listened?" he smirked kissing her cheek. She gave him a look, but opened it. 

Inside was a necklace, the same style as the one troy gives Gabriella in High school musical 2 but it was a J. "Its the HSM necklace" she cooed, "Thank you." Jay smiled, pulling out a necklace from inside his t-shirt which was the same one but an E. "You're cute" she grinned, leaning up and kissing him softly. "I am aware"

The dress, not the whole outfit, just the dress <3

Jay had left not even ten minutes ago when there was another knock at her door. "Hello?" she answered, rolling over to face the door. "Happy birthday!" Gina walked in. "What is it with you all?" she laughed, giving her best friend a hug. "What?" Gina asks, sitting down and immediately noticing the kitten. "Jays just been" she held the necklace. "Aww, and who's this?" Gina asks, stroking the sleeping kitten. "Daisy" Evie smiled. "Aww, now here" Gina handed her a smaller box then she had had this morning. "Gina" Evie whined, knowing she told her friends she didn't want presents. "Just open it" Gina smiled. Evie opened it and smiled. 

Inside was two rings, one gold, one silver. They had a heart on one end and an arrow on the other. On the inside of the ring, something was engraved. It read 'Forever by your side <3' "Thank you" Evie smiled, slipping the silver one onto her finger and handing the gold one too gina.

The rings <3

The rings <3

"I can not believe you will be able to drive soon" Ek states, as they walk to the park. Evie was having a picnic in the park with all of her friends, then they were going to the roller rink. "I know, you're my first passenger" Evie smiles innocently. "If you think i'll get in a car with you driving, think again" Ej rolls his eyes. "That'll change when you see how great I am" she span around, her hair and dress spinning around with her. "Sure"