Chapter 20: Swollen Lips

Taehyung's P.O.V

Days remained before the math exam, only a few days. Did I understand the material? No. Did anyone else? No. Two nerds within the class alone had a clue what they were doing, and I needed the help of at least one.

'I'll be out of town with my family, Grandma's birthday... Sorry.'  Robert texted me.

'What should I do? Jungkook's planning to get to my place, and I figured if you'd tell him you're studying with me, he'd let it be. I can't cancel the thing he wants to come by for and request he'd still make that effort to tutor me, can I?'

I didn't have too many choices. The instructions Robert had tried to write down neatly and send me didn't work, and Jungkook was my last option.

I could hear his probable reaction in my head: 'We have a perfect opportunity, an empty house, and you brought me here for this? You're hilarious, Taehyung, now shut up and bend over.'

Entering the classroom, Jungkook was sitting alone without Robert to occupy him, reading a book. It was a great time to mention the matter, yet I didn't.

During the break, I was following him around, wording the question within my mind instead of asking it.

"Is there anything you need?" Jungkook took his earphones out at the end of the school day. "I never thought it was possible. You're stalking me more than usual. " He laughed.

"We're supposed to meet up at my place this evening...?" Jungkook nodded. "...But, I need to study for the upcoming test."

He kept staring without uttering a sound.

"Jungkook, I don't have anyone else to turn to, I need you, please! You're good at math, help me, I beg you!" I cried, close to falling on my knees.

"Sure."

I paused in complete disbelief. "You'd really do that?"

"Why not? You've asked nicely." He swung his bag over his shoulder. "Consider yourself lucky. I'm better at mathematics than Robert."

I bent into a sharp bow. "Thank you so much!"

Jungkook's P.O.V

Just as before any test, Taehyung wasn't the only one seeking my assistance. Multiple messages were filling up my phone; people were suddenly suggesting to hang out and be friends, or better, move to sit next to me.

I'd always refuse the 'lovely' advances. Taehyung, however, was an exception.

My mom lifted eyes from her laptop when I came to our doorway. "Are you going out?"

"You don't have a problem with that, do you?" I asked while putting on my shoes.

"I simply don't recall you've notified me," she said. "Where are you going?"

"Studying," I replied, ready to hurry out.

Staying in Taehyung's empty house, we locked ourselves in his bedroom and sat together on his bed. We scattered books, notebooks, and pens on the mattress, wrote a list of mathematical formulas, all while remaining fully dressed. I was talking, and he was paying attention. He was asking questions, and I would listen and explain.

Again and again, I was scanning through the workbook's pages, giving him one problem after another to solve, and he was determined to complete every quest. "No, that can't be right. Did I forget a minus?" Taehyung gazed up at me.

"Let me check... Found it!" I directed the page back towards him. "Your method is inefficient, too messy, makes it easier for small errors to occur. Here, let me show you a little trick."