☽PROLOGUE☾

The Ravena and The Alpha

✦✧✦

Lift me up and I feel lighterI'm living in a dreamWake me up if everything changesAnd nothing's what it seems

I'm living in a dream
Wake me up if everything changes
And nothing's what it seems

Come raise the dead
I'm dreaming of the end
Hallucinate the tables are turning and life
Was everything you said
Come raise the dead
I'm leaning on the edge
Illuminate the way to my heart
It's twisting on a thread
Come raise the dead

✦✧✦

Court of Ravenia, The Old World; 10th Century

For centuries now, the small kingdom of Ravenia thrived with its authentic culture and a surplus of exotic food and spices as the denizens rejoiced under the compassionate rule of the royal family; the De Martels.

The De Martels were a long line of successors of the throne ever since Ravenia was founded; the gentry wholeheartedly looked up to them and the most loved De Martel was their last king, Joshua.

He was a kind and giving man who appreciated the small details of life and as a ruler, he wanted nothing but to see content and peace on the faces of his subjects and the common people that made Ravenia glorious.

When he was merely a zealous knight under his father's rule, he fell for a fair maiden from foreign lands. The love he boar for her was so immaculate and full of passion that he fought his father and the nobles and whoever that opposed their union.

Ultimately, he convinced them all; showing them that love does conquer all.

And that is what then weaved through the streets of Ravenia. A promise of peace and neverending health that arrived after Joshua came into the rule with Regina Ravena by his side as his lawfully wedded wife.

Regina was a mystery when Joshua first met her. She came from a unique bloodline that first originated from Greece. A bloodline that was filled with rich and powerful heritage and history.

Joshua accepted Regina for who she was and where she came from because underneath all the mysteries and rigid exterior, there was a woman with so much courage and loyalty in her heart that she would happily raise wars for the man she loved.

In fact, the king loved his queen so much that as soon as he ascended on the throne, he changed the kingdom's original name after her family name.

It was her Ravena blood that made her so fierce that her heart could only ever belong to one man and that was Joshua De Martel.