Chapter 13

The thing about Jonas is, you can't bother him after school. He is one of those people who are so dedicated and cannot do anything extracurricular until all his work is done. So naturally, to catch him in a good mood, I had to wait until morning, after our drills.

After all that, I finally sprung my plan into action. Spoiler: I got Jonas to hack into the system.

Oh wait; I have to outline the details, don't I? Literally, the worst part of Covert Operation Reports, a.k.a. CORs. Okay, so how I got Jonas to hack the Gallagher Academy system again – the short edition.

- A couple of blackmail threats.

- A lot of mentioning Liz

- And the added question of: don't you want to hack into Liz's protection walls to get her to notice you?'

- And when he was nearly persuaded, I reminded him that if he did, he would get to have the satisfaction of beating her.'

Finally, he agreed – as I knew he would.

After several hours of Jonas hacking, where I took a nap – I mean, it took him an excessively long time on the day we found out about them – he woke me up with the Gallagher database hacked.

"Okay, let's pray our computer doesn't fail again," I say wiping the sleep from my eyes.

"Well, her name is Cammie and not Chameleon, so that's a good start," Grant says, swivelling in his seat to get some answers.

Grunting a yes, Jonas clicks on Cammie's name.

Not much information came up, but at least it wasn't completely blank. There was still no info on anything she has done, both bad and good, nothing about her missions, nothing about her plans with that weird introduction to her, none of her CORs. All there was, was information on her some of her family and all her roommates-slash-friends, which was very disappointing. Her mother, already been there – done that, her aunt, done and dusted, her friends, obviously met them already, but, we finally reached the interesting stuff. Her father. One of the people we haven't heard about yet. But all that followed was this:

Father: Matthew Morgan (deceased)

Really? That's it. A line with a name and deceased. Wait, my train of thought stops for a second, deceased?

I reread the line of information. I need more information.

Grant snapped his fingers, commenting if the lights were on, reminding me that he and Jonas were still in the room. My gaze flicks up and it is obvious what our next question was.

Reading my eyes, Jonas promptly starts searching for info on Matthew Morgan with Grant's eyes alongside mine watching the screen.

Class was about to start and we were yet to find any information about Matthew Morgan, but then we hit the jackpot.

Even though it wasn't a lot, it was enough, and finally my signature smirk started to return but with a hint of something else.

Matthew Morgan: MIA, unknown when and where (assumed) death occurred. [COC]

Both Grant and Jonas knew what my smirk meant. It meant that all I had to do was find out what happened to Matthew Morgan, and I would have something over Cammie. But, it couldn't be that easy, if Cammie and an army of spies could never find him, how could I even possibly find out?

But the thing was, no one would understand the extra note on the end, itching its way into my brain, the realisation of what I had to do dawning upon me. The note in square brackets that no one would understand. Not even Jonas or Grant. A comment that someone would assume was a code that was accidently added and forgotten. But someone always knows. And this moment has been long awaited. I feel both excitement and dread towards the occasion.

What I was excited for: I would finally know something that no one would know, not even Cammie. I would finally have leverage, an advantage against the best pavement artist.

What I was dreading: I would have to see my mother to do it, the leader of COC, the Circle of Cavan.

Damn.